586,375 active members*
3,308 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 1250 - Overall Size - Getting it in the door

Arrow 1250 - Overall Size - Getting it in the door

So I'm posed with a bit of a dilemma. I'm looking at an Arrow 1250, and I have an 89" square 9wide and tall) door.

Is there ANY possibly way to make this work without making the door bigger (brick building). Can anything be removed to get it into a door opening of these dimensions? I'm willing to put some work into it, but not having seen the machine up close, I have no idea if this is even possible.

Thanks.

The sheet metal surround comes off fairly easy, but the tray is fixed as I recall. The main problem might be the height though, a 1250 is pretty tall. You can drop the Z manually to help, but be careful if you remove the ballscrew servo - the brake is in the servo and the second the last screw is out of the servo base that thing wants to spin and the spindle nose is headed towards the table. Block it up first and then use a chain hoist or something similar to gently lower.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Hello I had with arrow 750 height size problem. First i disconnect a resistor on the top of electrical cabinet and second Z servo engine. With servo engine first I disconnect a power and control wires and unscrew body of engine from frame of machine, but carfully becouse spindle is hevy and Z axis servo engine is with brake. Use a little power and turn manually servo engines in desk directions for safty wooden block. When spindle was touch to wood. You can disconnect a engine and clutch.
    For me was enough space to move machine inside.

I'll let you know in a couple weeks when mine gets here.... I'm hoping to fit it through a 10' wide by 7' tall opening.

Great success today... The 1250 is in it's place safe and sound. She was a tight fit, but we got it in. :cheers: