I recently added on a laser alignment system for my Precision Plasma table. I took a drill press laser alignment kit and modified it a little to work with my plasma system. It took about 15 minutes to make the mods and get everything hooked up.

I drilled an tapped a couple of small holes in the plasma torch mount so that I could lock down the laser system. The laser system was nearly a perfect fit. It was a little too thin for a perfect fit. I used some foam with a thickness of .19 and cut it too fit on top of the laser system.

This made the system a perfect snug fit. The screws keep things aligned and allow repeat-ability if the mount is removed and re-installed.

The system was easy to align. While a laser is not needed its a neat tool add on for $30 bucks that makes aligning a starting point a little easier, and in the rare case things get messed up during a cut, with pin point cross hairs you can get back to a known point.

I saw some other commercial products from $70 - $199 going to give this a try and see how it works.