586,946 active members*
2,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > New Owner of Novakon NM-200 series 1

Hybrid View

Re: New Owner of Novakon NM-200 series 1

Hey guys,

So at the end of my other post about a clicking noise I thought might be a relay, I mentioned that I discovered deflection in the head of my machine. I was questioned on where the deflection was coming from so I set up my gauge in various locations to determine where my problem is. Below is a link to various videos showing where I was measuring and how much I was getting. Along the column I only see about .001" maybe .0015" at most, I see a bit more when measuring the head. Is this about what everyone else is getting or do I have a problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u348tjpwn...J5-bXnZ-a?dl=0

Thanks,
    Whizbang

Hey wizbang thats doesnt seem all that bad to me( the head deflection). I just bought a nm200v2 today and its in pieces do you know where to find a manual for it mainly wiring scematics and i might need to replace y axis ballscrew and spundle bearings. Are parts pretty easy to get from novakon?

Re: New Owner of Novakon NM-200 series 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger257 View Post
    Hey wizbang thats doesnt seem all that bad to me( the head deflection). I just bought a nm200v2 today and its in pieces do you know where to find a manual for it mainly wiring scematics and i might need to replace y axis ballscrew and spundle bearings. Are parts pretty easy to get from novakon?

Dirtdigger257
    I agree that 1.5 thou. may not seem like a lot however its a lot of iron there too. but from my old g0704 i'd expect this. No one else to my knowledge has documented here their machines deflections. As for you questions. I use the most current mechanical drawing (for torus pro) from novakons site or engdans model from grab cad. As for electrical... good luck support is NON EXISENT!! ESPECIALLY NM200!! most mech. parts are the same the. My wires on the back of my machine are labeled 101, 202,213 etc nothing easily figured out. If you some how manage to get something please share it. i would have loved to not have to tone each wire in the begining to figure out why when i clicked flood in mach3 it turned my light on on the mill. As far as the spindle bearings, i just bought a new spindle because the parts i was sent for pulleys didn't match the key for the spindle. john helped me out but i wont say getting everything was easy cause of a design change.they do the best that they can with what they get from china poor documentation but they just cant compete with the volume tormach does and that they (i think )own a factory over there. ballscrew u can get from novakon but there may have been a design change just like the spindle and u'll go back and forth for weeks trying to get it corrected and hashed, if it were me I'd just go on ebay and order one from chai( see hoss forum post) with your exact dimensions. good luck. us nm200 owners need to stick together. e. ballscrew u can get from novakon but there may have been a design change just like the spindle and u'll go back and forth for weeks trying to get it corrected and hashed, if it were me I'd just go on ebay and order one from chai( see hoss forum post) with your exact dimensions. good luck. us nm200 owners need to stick together.