586,129 active members*
2,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

x and y motor issues

Finally got some time to work on my machine this weekend. I've got the z axis working just fine but the problem is with the x and y axis. When I jog them, (either one) they wont spin. They seem to be fighting to go both ways. They click (step?) one direction then the other direction. I rewired the x and y to match the z which works fine, still the same problem. Would it be in the ports and pins or in the motor tuning? Thanks for any help.

I disconnected the z and x from the BOB and wired the x axis into the z on the BOB to see if it was the wiring or the motor. The x axis motor worked fine in the z spot. It's not the wiring. Reconnected them back in their spots and again the z worked fine and the x was doing its thing again. All the info that I have or have gotten from searchs about pins and ports, this one has been the closest. >In the pins and ports, the z is set on 3 and 6, but the x is on 16 and 1, the y is on 14 and 7. I've changed the ports and pins around for x and nothing happens. I put it back on 16 and 1, and it acts "funny" again. It seems like the only place I get any movement with the x motor.Shouldn't the motor outputs be between the 2 and 9 pins? I thought that 1, 14 and 16 were inputs or for something else. It's something stupid and little, I can feel it, just don't have the experience in this area.