586,974 active members*
3,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 11m screen flickering then freeze? Will not resart.

Hybrid View

Fanuc 11m screen flickering then freeze? Will not resart.

Machine is a 86 Mori Seiki mv35/40. I noticed yesterday the screen was bouncing up and down a bit and none of the control button lights were on. This happened around mid day. Tonight the screen starting bouncing a lot then it froze and the hydraulics shut off. I turned the control off and tried to restart. All I get is a few random horizontal lines bouncing on the screen and no hydraulics. I checked all the fuses but everything was good. Where do I look now?

The Screen Bounces Horizontally means there is a failure in CRT vertical Section , After the Vertical section stopped working the 24 V control flickers which causes an emergency/ tripping of hydraulics . Check the CRT and peripheral unit .

Is there any specific test I can do on the crt to make sure it is good/bad? Why would the button lights on the control stop working when the crt started flickering?
    www.Rydelfab.com

Not even close
    A CRT has NOTHING to do with the panel lights out or the hydraulic shutting down. it sounds like your loosing a power supply, there is probably one right next to the CRT that controls panel and part of the estop circuit. You just need to get the prints and start checking voltages.

Control is a 11m. I will check the power supply today.

I checked the voltage on the MDI/CRT power supply. I was only getting 3.5 from the 5v. I pulled the power supply and found it had a melted capacitor and resistor. I swapped those out but that did not fix it. It is still putting out 3.5v. I would like to repair this one myself. I do not have $700 to fork out for a reman one.
    www.Rydelfab.com

I'm sure someone has a board print of that power supply. You can always do the shotgun approach and replace all the transistors and caps. Probably 20 bucks worth of parts from digi key. I repaired one last month myself, just a popped leg off one of the filter caps. Looked fine till you grabbed it at wiggled it a bit.

more than likely you are missing several voltages. the power supply outputs +5V, +24V, +15V, -15V
    changing all of the electrolytic capacitors is the first step.
    If you can't fix it yourself you could take the power supply to a shop that does TV repairs they should be able to fix it.

Inside the power supply unit you will get the Circuit for 5 V equipped with regulaor IC , Check that , also Disconnect the 5 V supply to machine and Check on No load . is it 5 V or Still Less?

Re: Fanuc 11m screen flickering then freeze? Will not resart.

I'm haing this problem as well, although not as bad. Just an Emergeny stop on all the time and flickering of the screen. I measured a diode next to the big square CPU on the board and it reads 3.85V. I assume the power supply is faulty. Anybody have any idea where to get schematics so I can start troubleshooting some more ?

Re: Fanuc 11m screen flickering then freeze? Will not resart.

measuring something without knowing what it should be is pointless.
    for a power supply you don't need a diagram. check the outputs on the power supply. if you don't know the basics of repairing electronics a schematic isn't going to help or tell you how to fix it ;-)
    as stated above, assuming your power supply is bad (meaning you checked the outputs and they are not to specification), change ALL of the electrolytic capacitors at least. this is the single most common failing component in power supplies. if it still doesn't help, change/check the voltage regulators, transistors and other power related ICs.
    or take it to someone who can fix TVs, arcade games or general electronics and they will know how to fix your power supply.