586,444 active members*
3,067 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > RFQ (Request for Quote) > North America RFQ's > Laser cut? Mold? Quote needed, .25" plastic/wood/foam material

Laser cut? Mold? Quote needed, .25" plastic/wood/foam material

I need this grid made, and I don't care about the material as long as it is opaque (not transparent). It will be used to isolate light to these small square shafts. I've contacted two laser cutters who cannot make this cut and preserve the small 1mm walls. They have tried plywood and depron foam with no success.

If anyone thinks they can make this, let me know. I'm looking at making a few hundred. Due to the limited quantity, I'd like to stick with laser but will consider a mold if that's the only way. Material must be sourced by vendor, but time frame is loose. Thank you.

Those are 1 cm squares? What radius can you tolerate in the corners?

Please email for a quote.

Jeff
    BMF LLC
    [email protected]
    Home - BMF LLC

Quote Originally Posted by abcmojave View Post
    Those are 1 cm squares? What radius can you tolerate in the corners?
    Yes, they are 1 cm. The radius tolerance is different for each side. One side has quite a lot of wiggle room (1-2mm), but one side needs to be relatively clean.

Jerware,

PM sent,

Thanks

Mike

I think the drawing you provided is incorrect, so it's hard to give a good quote. 10mm squares with a 1mm divider between them in a 16x16 grid is 175mm (160x10=160 15x1=15, so 160+15=175), so 174.625mm is not wide enough for that grid plus a border. I'd like to give a quote, but will need clarification on this drawing. What is the actual outside dimensions of the part, how many squares are in the grid and are the dimensions of the squares 10mm or do they need to fit within an overall space with a 1mm divider?
    Thanks,
    Mike

mmoe: Sorry, you're correct. The squares are actually 9mm. Their centers are 10mm apart from adjacent ones, due to the 1mm borders.

Thanks for the clarification. What is the dimension of the top border. It appears the bottom border is the same as the side borders? The overall height would also be fine for figuring the rest of the information out.
    Thanks,
    Mike