586,470 active members*
3,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Right Soft Key seems to not work correctly on Fanuc 10T control

Right Soft Key seems to not work correctly on Fanuc 10T control

I was able to successfully download programs, upload parameters and get the machine to run numerous cycles (with no tools). As I was getting more familiar with the controls, it seems that the right side soft key worked when it felt like it, but I was so busy learning I was thinking it might have been the operator : ).

However, as I am getting a little more familiar with the controls, I am more certain that the right side soft key has a problem. I couldn't get it to work this morning when trying to download a program, and feel more comfortable now saying that it has not worked correctly before.

I ohmed it out where the ribbon harness plugs into the board, and it seems to be fine.

Has anyone had this problem, and if so, what did it take to fix it? My fear is it may be the motherboard.

Again, thanks for all the help. It has been exciting to get the machine going again after it sat for so long at the tech school I got it from.

Take care,
    Bill Gillen

Every time I had a similar problem , it was either the soft key pad or the keypad the ribbon cable plugged into. All the soft keys normaly have 1 common.
    Make sure they all link up, then every return goes to the ribbon plug. Some of them goes thru the key pad and link up with certain keys. Best is to try and test all tracks you see going from ribbon onto keyboard , and ribbon to plug. Hope it helps

Thank you!

Although it turned out not to be the soft key pad or the keypad the ribbon cable plugged in to, you helped me get on the right track. While in there on Sunday, I also went into the Selector Switch "MDI, Edit, Memory, Zero Home, etc.", cleaned the rotary switch with contact cleaner and then Boom Shakalaka! it started working flawlessly. Looking forward to making chips with it now. Dadgum, that Wasino is a big machine! (Now if I could just get my Storm 80 out of Emergency Stop, I will have both machines in production, but that is another thread for another time.)

Bill Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by jacof View Post
    Every time I had a similar problem , it was either the soft key pad or the keypad the ribbon cable plugged into. All the soft keys normaly have 1 common.
    Make sure they all link up, then every return goes to the ribbon plug. Some of them goes thru the key pad and link up with certain keys. Best is to try and test all tracks you see going from ribbon onto keyboard , and ribbon to plug. Hope it helps