586,375 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need help with live tooling on a FANUC 10Te/f

Need help with live tooling on a FANUC 10Te/f

Hi guys and gals,
    I'm very new to the cnc programing...The job i'm trying set up now requires me to use the live tooling to drill some holes on a pcd..The problem is the bookthat came with the lathe says to use M43 to engage the live tooling but when i try to use it the machine stops at the M43 line and wont go anyfurther...Could any body sugest maybe if i have the wrong M code or something...Anyway thank you for any help and if not thankyou for takeing the time to look...

When a part program hangs at an M code it usually means either the option is not enabled and/or not programmed into the machine control, or if the M function is installed, the operation cannot complete due to the mechanical process unable to perform as required.
    Is the book you refer to the Fanuc manual or the Machine tool manual, the latter is the one that should indicate if the option is present and how to use it. The Fanuc manual is just generic operation.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Some m codes require that you be at a z home location before executing

Thanks guys ... the book is the programing manual that came with the machine...I have got the live tooling running without the m code but now when the live tooling is running i cant get it ti G01 feed along the z axis..Owell such is life...

no feedrate commanded

you must change from inces per rev (g99) to inches per minute (g98) when using live tooling