586,551 active members*
3,422 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Horizontal Pallet Recovery

I'm somewhat of a lurker on here, although I chime in from time to time when I feel I have something to contribute and it hasn't already been said. I've reached a point where my normal means of finding answers has let me down.
    Our shop has an Akira Seiki H4XP, a horizontal with a Meldas 65M control. The machine itself has been a bastard child to work on since we bought it years ago. And getting help from Akira in Southern Cali. has been pretty much impossible. Information on this machine doesn't seem to exist on the net either, and seeing how several components were tossed together I can see why the design was scrapped.
    We had an issue with the pallet changing system a few weeks ago where the door separating the two sides literally blew apart mid change. Although stitching together the doors and figuring out what caused it wasn't fun, it led to another problem. We lost power mid pallet change and don't know how to restore it.
    I know very little of this control other then what I can glean from the chinglish manual for our machine, and the manual for the control I got directly from Mitsubishi's web site. If power is lost, or even if E-Stop is pressed, you have to re home all axis in order to resume operations. Well the pallet system was in the "up" position when everything went bad. I can't use the M codes to drop the pallet because I can't home "Z" or "B". With the power off over night the hydraulic system bleeds off and the pallet sits exactly where it's supposed to. But once I turn on the machine, and the pumps kick on, the pallet jumps right back up.
    I tried all last week to get a hold of anyone at Akira and have yet to get a response. I got referred to a service guy in our state, but he's busy, and all I need is some sort of sequence to restore the thing. Information that would likely be easy to obtain were it a Haas like our other Horizontal.
    If anyone can help on here I'd appreciate it. In the meantime I'll continue my calls to Akira until they answer or call back with something helpful.
    Chuck
    HAAS vfo,vf3ss,sl20, Akira Seiki H4XP, CMS gang lathes x3, Dimension 1200es 3D Printer

Problem solved.
    Chuck
    HAAS vfo,vf3ss,sl20, Akira Seiki H4XP, CMS gang lathes x3, Dimension 1200es 3D Printer