586,149 active members*
3,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 lathe Problem

V25 lathe Problem

if someone can take a look at this file, when i try to bore the ID it crashes when calculating toolpath, i have never had a problem before, it will calculate it fine if i pick face/rough, of course i want turning rough, and it just crashes each time. any help much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

When I try and change anything in your file my V25 crashes everytime so I can't experiment. But, thing I noticed was your stock diameter set to 1.25". Make sure that is set to .700, (The size of your drilled hole). That spot for setting your 'stock diameter' is referring to the internal diameter. If it is set to 1.25" it's going to compute something too big and crash. Check and see if that's it. If not I can look some more

ok,i did set internal diameter to.703, i will give it a shot, thanks for the reply, strange that it is crashing you too, this is the first lathe program i have wrote since the update on may 30

same result just crashes, i have redrawn the part, but still dosent change anything

Yeah, crashes every time. But I did a copy and paste of your part to a new drawing, then I was able to create the proper path. Give that a shot too.

nice avatar btw tony, lol

Thanks Yeah, I'm a Linux user

ok i will redraw, and see what happens

I need to read closer next time. I thought you meant your MACHINE was crashing, not Bobcad. Sorry about that Can't find anything in file causing Bobcad to crash, but like I said if I copied your drawing geometry, pasted it into new file window, it was calculating fine without crashing BobCAD. Sheesh, I'm blind sometimes

yeh, it might just be a computer issue,I also really digg Linux, been awhile since i messed with it but very cool, i had a gentoo install workn, if that means anything, lol, bobcam has been acting strange lately , im wondering if i should try a re-install. thanks again for your help

ooo, Gentoo. I'm impressed. Not for the faint of heart I run Debian.

Yeah if Bobcad has been doing a lot of strange things, it might be a good idea to try reinstalling. First backup your whole data folder to a different folder, uninstall the software. Delete any folders left behind, then re-install it. I've had to do that once in the past when I was getting constant crashes, etc. Not always Bobcad at fault, not always Windows at fault. Just something that seems to get corrupted somewhere.

just did a fresh install, and still crashing when i compute toolpath, if i have system comp on, it will get about 90% done then crash, but if i have machine comp on, it crashes instantly, im out of ideas, i have to wait till tuesday morning to get help from bob-cam, Again thanks for your advise Tony,

i just opened a old file that had a bore operation, re toolpathed it, and it worked fine! i just dont see what could be the problem?

Open this file and see if it crashes for you. All I did was draw box around your geometry, copied it, pasted to a new file. Then created rough and finish passes on bore and its working fine. Maybe there's some type of artifact somewhere on your drawing screen that you can't see, I don't know. Other than that, like you said it's time to talk to BobCAD.
    Attached Files Attached Files