586,094 active members*
4,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Best CNC Plasma table for a $30K budget

Hey guys, i am looking for a turnkey cnc plasma table with a budget of $30k. I am interested in the Torchmate X. Do yall have any other suggestions?

Dynatorch using a hypertherm plasma,
    Andy.

I give my vote to Dynatorch. You will love the machine ....

Cut to the Bone Guest
    What size are you looking at?
    Also what are you cutting?

All this depends on the price.

Size: 5x10
    Material cut: .375 AR500

I'd take a look at northern plasma as well. Can personally not recommend the torchmatex

AR500 is Wear-resistant steel, what is thickness? Or you only want oxy-fuel cutting? Your Budget $30K can buy a plasma cutting machine with Hyperthem MicroEDGEPro CNC controller and plamsa power souce in China.

Dear friend ,
    This is Anwar from Redsail Tech Co., Ltd.
    We are a factory profeesional for the cnc router machine/laser cutting engraving machine for almmost 10 years .Our Web: Laser Engraver - Engraving Laser Cutting Machine, Vinyl cutter, Cutting plotter by Redsail ,i hope we can build long-term cooperation.
    Attachment 192250
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	????.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	192252

If you aer interested in any kind of CNC laser machines, please kindly contact me
    Awaiting for your any kindly reply!
    My skype:redsail-anwar130313

@honeybcnc no I use a hypotherm 85 to cut my steel. The AR500 is .375in thick. Right now I cut about two sheets a day on my self built system. Just needing an upgrade.

Cut to the Bone Guest
    We (CAMaster) offer a made in the USA Plasma system that is ideal for your application.
    Our main stay is in affordable CNC Routers but we do produce a TRUE turn key solution
    for ones looking at a plasma system as well.

We offer open table and water table models. We employ Thermal Dynamics on our systems
    and offer the Standard def solution as well as the High Def.

For you I would suggest the A120 unit for the power supply. The A60 or 80 will do it but you can
    always turn it down but if you get the small unit then a job comes in where you need to cut thicker you will be
    ok.

If you want to talk please email me a good number and I will contact you.

[email protected]

I really like my Dynatorch XLR8
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

DDelaney Guest

EZ Cut CNC Plasma Cutting Systems

@slaytonfab At EZ Cut CNC, we offer 4'x8', 5'x10', and 6'x10' CNC plasma tables with a variety of Hypertherm and Thermal Dynamics plasma cutters. We can definitely meet your budget, depending on the type of plasma cutter you need. Best of all, we include on-site installation and training with the purchase of our systems. We have found that one-on-one training is absolutely necessary to be as productive as possible. For more information visit http://www.ezcutcncplasma.com or call us at 888-759-7184.

Here is a customer testimonial video from one of our customers:

What size system were you looking for slaytonfab? Thickness of material to be cut (maximum pierce thickness).

dynatorch and multicam are pretty good. hypertherm and thermal dynamics are the way to go as far as torches. I owned a northern plasma table had to junk it , i would not recommend it. the parts are low grade and horrible customer service. sales promises the world, once it breaks they dont return your calls. So be sure customer service is good, i found out the hard way that customer service is equally as important as the table quality. good luck

Hi vsm12,

starting to agree with you on Northern Plasma, would not mind knowing what model table you had why you ended up junking it. Mechanically and structurally their tables seem quite nice, but electrically maybe not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by vsm12 View Post
    dynatorch and multicam are pretty good. hypertherm and thermal dynamics are the way to go as far as torches. I owned a northern plasma table had to junk it , i would not recommend it. the parts are low grade and horrible customer service. sales promises the world, once it breaks they dont return your calls. So be sure customer service is good, i found out the hard way that customer service is equally as important as the table quality. good luck

it was a northern plasma table 5 by 10 table i bought some nice hvac software. The hvac software by shop data had excellent customer service, but when the issues (and there were way too many) required northerns help , forget it. machine would sits for weeks with no call back. The machine was sturdy as far as weight it could hold, but as far as eveyrthing else it was poorly fitted, out of square, all electronics were replaced by first year. it was not fast enough for hvac work, or any thin metals. I see there new machine they make for rams sheet metal equipment has been upgraded but it stills screams out "we had no clue about hvac" . i have a new table now, it was the around the same price and i could not believe how much better it was to have company support and a well thought out machine, not just a slab of metal with mismatched components. I use a hypertherm now but had really good customer support from thermal dynamics. what kind of problems do you have maybe i could be of help.

I'll give my vote to ShopSabre. Nice unit and excellent customer service.