586,139 active members*
4,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > KM3P with Max32 controller, Y zeroing problem

KM3P with Max32 controller, Y zeroing problem

I have a KM3P with the Max32 controller, all has been going well for bit but went to use it the other day and I cant get it to zero on the Y axis. The Z and X axis zero but when it trys to zero out Y the table moves all the forward(no overtravel) and then starts moving slowly in the Y- directionthen reverses as though it notices the prox switch, all appears normal then I get the mesage Y zeroing error and reset servos. I keep trying and made sure the theres no crud interfering but no avail.

Any ideas?
    TIA Brian

When the axis homes it moves to the proximity limit switch, then backs off the limit up to a full screw rotation until the control sees the index channel from the encoder. It appears that the machine is seeing the limit, but not finding an index pulse before it has moved more than 360 degrees.

Could be an encoder fault - OR a wiring open connection for that index channel.

I have the same machine - and in its history, a prior owner had the Y axis encoder replaced ( I don't know why it was changed, but the replacement box was one of the items they gave me with the machine.