586,103 active members*
3,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

forced to run coolant

Does anyone know if it is possible to shut off the demand of being forced to run coolant during a cut? We are running a mazak 6800 machine with a Nexus control. It forces you to turn on the coolant before it will move into the cut. This is not always what you want if you are trying watch your cut. If you turn on the coolant, it will start into the move, then you can shut it off during the move, but it will stop at the next move and force you to turn on the coolant again before it advances to the next cut. I would guess it is a parameter, but can't find any info on which one. Thanks!

How about you just close the manual valve for the coolant (or if you do not have one, install one!)? Easiest solution available.

Quote Originally Posted by botha.y View Post
    How about you just close the manual valve for the coolant (or if you do not have one, install one!)? Easiest solution available.
    Unless the pump doesn't like to be "dead headed". Quite likely that will overheat the pump motor. A bypass valve (dump back into sump) would prevent that but I have to think there is a way around this. LOTS of cutting applications require dry cutting, this should be a no-brainer. I'd contact tech support, your dealer, someone.

Matt