586,307 active members*
3,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with K40 Laser Machine

I have tried cutting out this square grid but the sections don't seem to align correctly, could anyone tell me what the problem might be or offer a solution (see video) thanks

Laser machine Cutting Error 1 - YouTube

Probably the pulleys slipping on the stepper axles when it moves fast between parts. Check the grubscrews to see if they are lose.

epilotdk is probably right. Also your steppers sounded a bit strained in the video. Make sure your belt is tensioned correctly, not too loose or too tight. Make sure the laser head also moves freely on the rails.

Also, just an observation, but do have an exhaust system and air assist set up on your machine?

I guess the clue is that the square itself isn't distorted so it does look like its related to loads. What is odd is that its happening to both axis. I've heard that these machines get pretty beat up during shipping and need a lot of tuning to get them to run.

I've never seen rave reviews about K40's but I didn't know they were that bad. Other then the subject problem, this machine looks like a fire hazard. Flames appear to jump up to the lens. Its not like no pump is attached but no pluming exists to properly route the air. I'm also hearing a relay click when the laser kicks on, which seems pretty crude. Why do people buy these machines?

Many of them come without air assist and woefully inadequate extraction. They are a fire waiting to happen. Despite lots of posts about how bad the K-40's are people somehow convince themselves that theirs won't be bad and buy them.

hi there
    first, your exaust does not work you can see that there is no suction at all, check the exaust fan, second if you cutting you need a air assist the cheapest solution ist a 1/8 line with a ball pen tip mounted from the outside with a clamp directing towards the cut and put some compressor air on it.
    third check the belts how tight they are they should not as tight as a gitar string
    fourth check the stepper driver settings for the appropriated current setting ( 0.8A)
    check the step setting it should be around 1/16
    check with a square that all the rail are in square.
    if you need more send me a PM to [email protected]
    greetings
    waltfl

Hello , Guys ,

Good news
    we have modified the K40 laser machine with new advantages :
    1. with DSP control system, not the bad Moshi software .
    2. Change the power supply with PWM , more powerful
    3. New Laser head with Air assist .
    4. Honey working table with up and down function .

welcome to your inquiry . Attachment 190130

[email protected] , Skype: cenranlaser

Frank
    co2 laser machine&parts. tubes,lens,mirrors,DSP control systems ,powers etc .
    Email/Skype:[email protected]:86-18516298692.