586,565 active members*
3,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > CNC Wire Foam Cutter Machines > EPS(Expandable Polystyrene) Molding And Machine

EPS(Expandable Polystyrene) Molding And Machine

I am planning on doing some parts in molded EPS (expandable polystyrene). I will be doing the aluminum molds and also I am planning on doing a small molding machine for my parts. I will use these parts for Lost Foam Castings, but if this works, I want to find some costumers for packaging products.
    If anyone can give me some pointers, it will be appreciated.
    Regards,

George M

You're going to have a hard time finding a supplier who will deliver, from what I've experienced. If you have a dedicated shop, on commercial property, that's a start. From there, I know most of the companies will try and sit down to make sure that you've got your head on well enough that you're not going to blow something up (the blowing agent is typically very flamable)...

But if you find somewhere that's easier to deal with, let me know - I've wanted to do my own EPS work for lost foam castings for a while now - it's fantastic the kinds of finishes and tolerances that can be held before you even pour the aluminum... auto manufacturers have been using it for the past few years for blocks and cylinder heads, with very good results.