586,388 active members*
3,364 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > still cant print and boolean question

still cant print and boolean question

Im wondering if anyone else with v20 can print. I downloaded the latest version, well last month with hopes that it would help but no luck. I cant print to either my canon laser or epson c66, its a little frustrating. This problem persists on 2 seperate computer so im pretty sure its software. If someone can post what printer they are using without problems I may even go by one just for bobcad unless someone can tell me how to make this work.

Another question is about boolean functions. Do they only work with primative solids, or can you use your own solids? The problem I have seems to be that my own created solids seem to be nothing more than surfaces which are hollow inside. Is there a way to define something as a solid, or am I stuck sculpting shapes out of the primatives? Is that another function that the stitch surfaces to solid can do? Ive got the video set but it uses that function to group solids but not to create a solid out of surfaces. I did try looking at the help files but Big surprise, there are none. It says please see your vender for current files or something. Bobcad, please.. your software doesnt work smoothly enough for you to be able to skimp on help files.

as far as the printing issue that sound like the set-up page for you printer I've never had a Problem printing
    the booleans will work on any solid. After you create planer, select the surface if it not already highlighted, go to extrude surface,set info, this will do what you are trying to do

my v20 prints fine never has had a print problem.
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com