586,385 active members*
3,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Good MasterCam post for Okuma Captain, and LB4000

Good MasterCam post for Okuma Captain, and LB4000

The shop I work for has an Okuma Captain and LB4000, live tooled lathe. Historically, we have done most of the programing for these two machines in IGF, however, management has decided that the because IGF programs are difficult to document and post to our server, (as well as the occasional print error and fat finger at the machine) that programing directly from a solid model in MasterCam is the way to go. Big problem on my end, Our Lathe Posts SUCK , Especially when live tools are involved. (I would say how I really feel, but I don't want to upset the mods.) I could write most live tooled programs in IGF faster than I can debug the detritus that MasterCam outputs. (leading back into documentation and server posting issues)

I've been told that someone at our local MasterCam distributor is 'working' on a new post for us, but it's been about 4 months now and I'm getting really frustrated with the quality of the "code" that is getting output from the overpriced, barely functional, lathe seat we have.

Can anyone be of assistance? I know I do get to learn more about Okuma's Lathe G-Codes (and I think thats a plus), but picking up the flotsam and jetsam of a software package they pay more for every year for than me, is not the way I would like to go about it.

I'm not kidding, when MasterCam tries to turn coolant on, It uses an M09... It's that bad.

Buy a post from In-House solution or Mppostability and you problems will be solved

http://www.inhousesolutions.com/

http://postability.net/

Quote Originally Posted by budgieW View Post
    Thanks, if time goes on with out these issues being resolved, I will contact them myself for pricing. One more gripe to throw in... With as much as our combined seats of mastercam cost, why do is it necessary for us shell out more money for a post that can make quite common machines run. Shouldn't the software come with that ability?

It's a thorn in my side, a knot I don't even have the authority to attempt to untie. It seems more mastercam gets used, the less I enjoy my job.