I upgraded my laptop and moved from KmotionCNC 4.28 to KmotionCNC 4.30. First impression is I had a difficult time finding the "Start Button", lol, but once found that was solved :-) The next thing is not so easily solved, and I am a bit unsure exactly what's going on. I will describe what happened: I really love the multiple g-code tabs, and I frequently use them for multiple cuts in the same parts, just switching from one to the next, and this has always worked really well. For instance today I was making a mold with 4 different inserts. The inserts were identical except one cut, so I broke the g-code up into 4 g-code tabs and figured I would just change "Tab #3" for the different parts. I have done this many times in the past, and everything worked beautifully; and it worked out beautifully on part #1 (where each file was loaded just prior to being used); however, the second part was a catastrophe. When I went to cut the second part, "Tab #1" still showed the proper filename, but the g-code was not the correct g-code (I believe it was the g-code that had been in the tab prior to loading the file, but I am not sure on this.) The ensuing crash resulted in repairs, and I just assumed I had messed up somehow. Sadly, that was not the case. When I finally got back to part number 2, I was watching more carefully, and noticed that the g-code in any given Tab does not always stay intact from visit to visit; each tab must be reloaded to ensure the proper g-code is executed. The problem is not "always present", but rather it happens sometimes and other times it is fine. I have not figured out the exact circumstances under which it occurs//doesn't occur, but it is frequent enough that I now have zero confidence in using the g-code tabs.

If anyone else has had a similar experience detailing it in this thread will hopefully help isolate the bug so it can get fixed; if you are using 4.30 and use "tabbed g-code files" make certain you verify the correct g-code is in the tab prior to running it (don't just look @ the filename, spot check several lines and line count).

Fish

Fish