586,842 active members*
3,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 60 of 91 1050585960616270
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

I understood what you meant with short reply... keep it simple

I've ran machines both ways G53, G28......... seems like I remember some machines using G30's and an odd M code to call machine coordinates.
    Walking is highly over-rated

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Thanks Mac!
    I'm using both of them, the one in the back room has been setup for a 6x9 plaques for over a month now! I run off 5 plaques every morning!
    The monster just makes bigger stuff which take longer to run! But I love it

Hey, does anyone know how to Diamond-Drag a soft brass plate? Where do I get the drag tooling?
    Widgit
    They have a lot on your favorite place Ebay, You could make your own body, & just buy the Diamond part
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I should have added more to that post, but I had to rush, I use G53 all the time on my Haas machines, it is not supported by all controls, a lot of Fanuc controls it was an extra cost to get the use of it

Mach has a simple G28 call that does the same as the G53 does, in Mach you just fill in were you want the axes to go,( see Photo ) then you just use it like this G28Z0. or G28X0. or G28Y0. & it will take that axes to were you have set the numbers in the file, this can be a place to do tool changes, or were ever you want it to park

You can make these locations anywhere that your X Y & Z can move, this is not your machine home, but a place to park your machine, by using the G28------ & what axes you want to move

But as I said, it's best to keep things simple, when someone is trying to figure, out the easiest way to do something or trouble shooting a program
    Thanks again Mac!
    That's very useful info!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Random question, is that Mach 4 beta? Looks a lot different than my Mach 3.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zer0fighter View Post
    Random question, is that Mach 4 beta? Looks a lot different than my Mach 3.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    No it's Mach3 with the Big Tex Blue-Screen! I needed it to access the Z-Tool setting block !

Well, I ran off 8-different plaques, averaging 28-minutes each!
    The tool change system is very efficient, but I had to order the spacer for my Kent Dust Shoe because the tools extend a 1/2" more with the tool holders!
    Widgit

Thanks Widget, never even knew screensets existed! I've got them now, definitely an improvement.

Does anyone have any experience with the break function in the 2.2Kw spindles? Using several tool holders is great, but I have to wait forever for the spindle to slow down to change tools!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

Does anyone have any experience with the break function in the 2.2Kw spindles? Using several tool holders is great, but I have to wait forever for the spindle to slow down to change tools!
    Widgit
    As a rule of thumb it is the VFD that controls the braking function. You connect a resistor to the VFD.
    What VFD( make and series pls).

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul3112 View Post
    As a rule of thumb it is the VFD that controls the braking function. You connect a resistor to the VFD.
    What VFD( make and series pls).

Paul
    Its a Chinese HY inverter for the 2.2kw spindles, that's all I know!
    www.widgitmaster.com

Download 1

Grab the HY manual.

Ya gat the water cooled ver of the 2.2 I hope
    Paul

Sorry for the typos
    I see you got the water cooled.
    I run auto radiator coolant ( Ph neutral) and a water fountain pump

some versions of the invertor were missing the RS 485 chip but can be dropped into the board .

Paul

Widgit
    If it's anything like the Hitachi you should be able to brake it a bit without an external resistor. I put the biggest tool I had in mine and kept adjusting the spool down speed until it didn't fault out with a DC rail voltage too high error. Takes about 4 seconds to stop from 24000 rpm. With a resistor that could be adjusted to a half second or less most likely.

Looks like PD015 decel time is what you want to adjust.

From memory I think the floor rpm is about 6K. The question is does the vfd go into snooze mode or keep the DC brake setting active?
    I guess the ramp down setting is the first step.
    The other issues I think is that the "Pause" in mach3 needs to be inserted into the macro to give the ramp down time to take effect.

Paul

page 31 and 32 of the Inverter.pdf has more info

Quote Originally Posted by paul3112 View Post
    The other issues I think is that the "Pause" in mach3 needs to be inserted into the macro to give the ramp down time to take effect.

Paul
    You don't want to use a Pause in Mach3. Go to Ports and Pins > Spindle Tab, and set a value for CW Delay Spin Down. Mach will wait the delay length before resuming movement after the spindle is turned off.
    Depending on when and where you turn the spindle off (M5), you may or may not need this. It won't have any effect on the VFD braking.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I HATE banner ads, they have destroyed this forum!
    CNCZone now as cluttered as the Yahoo forums!

I've been trying for three days to log in, and get the same results from my I-pad or PC! The IPhone is a total failure to login, as it's screen is too tiny!

All I get are login errors!

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

I'm using Tapatalk on android. I got sick of the banners. Maybe they have it or something like it on Apple. I would hate to see you leave because of it...

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk 2

https://adblockplus.org is nice

Paul
    PS Dont go big widget, dont go ... ;-)

Page 60 of 91 1050585960616270