587,030 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 63 of 91 1353616263646573
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

The BounceHouse blower is working perfectly, and the little 16-Gallon drum fills up quickly! With a trash bag in the drum, the mess is non existent!
    Of all the stuff I've made so far, the military appreciation plaques are the most popular! So I found a seller online to supply the glued-up pannels for a good price. They sent me 20 pieces of assorted wood types, all kiln dried, cut to exactly 24"x14"' and sanded flat to a thickness of 3/4"!
    They have been selling for $100+ and take a full 48-hr to cut, sand, varnish & dry! For someone who has worked with metals & plastics all their life, making Wooden Widgits is fun & easy
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

For someone who has worked with metals & plastics all their life, making Wooden Widgits is fun & easy
    As long as you don't mind working for $2/hour. Hopefully, most of the 48 hours is machine time.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    As long as you don't mind working for $2/hour. Hopefully, most of the 48 hours is machine time.
    I'm retired!
    Everything I make is for a Fundraiser for veterans!
    Widgit

"I'm retired!
    Everything I make is for a Fundraiser for veterans!"

God Bless You Widgit!

Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Two thumbs up Widgit.

Alan

Thanks Guys!!

This one is solid maple, and has no finish on it yet! 14" x 24" x 3/4"
    www.widgitmaster.com

Beautiful work Widget

Thank you for your service to our service men/woman. (clapping hands)
    Walking is highly over-rated

So far I've made 25 of the smaller 24"x14"x3/4" plaques, each one left me with a pair of wood sticks! Then I decided to glue them all together and make a pair of striped panels 17"x11"
    After the glue dried, I scraped one side clean of the glue. Tomorrow I'll clamp them in the machine and mill one side flat, and bandsaw the edges square making two equal sized panels.
    Then I'll V-Carve the military logos, finishing the 2nd side! I'm hoping the strips and the 60 deg v-bit will make an attractive plaque! Here's a list of wood types I've included in the glue up !

Walnut
    Sassafras
    Oak
    Pine
    Cherry
    Burch
    Ash
    Maple
    www.widgitmaster.com

Last night I cut the 1st one, then I finished sanding & coated it with Tung Oil!
    I'm pleased with the results, and everyone loves it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Two Thumbs Up!

Alan

The Red Monster is working perfectly, the new dust collection system is amazing and the noise level is perfect!
    So far I've made over 35 of the military plaques, sold a few, and auctioned off one at an auto-auction for $1100 Wow!!
    Again, everything goes to a non profit veterans organization! Needless to say, they love me
    In December, they will have a booth at the local craft show. That's when all the rest will disappear!
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

Fantastic, Your the MAN!
    The world needs more like you.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

^^^^ What Bubba said^^^^
    Walking is highly over-rated

Just WOW Widget!
    B
    billyjack

Oh man am I having fun
    The monster is making my plaques faster than I can finish them!!
    So far there's only 377 hours on the machine, and I'm getting one finished ( both sides ) every 90 minutes :wee:
    Last week, someone donated a pile of 1x6 & 1x8 red oak and maple lumber, so I quickly cut and glued several more panels
    Sold several for $300 & $100 donations, then I met a Dr who took three for $1000 donation! WOW
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

That is awesome Widget. Congratulations on your successful porting of your skills into a worthwhile community service. What an asset to your community...

Any chance you could post a video of the Monster machining one of the smaller plaques?

www.widgitmaster.com

Widget;
    Big Red is looking as smooth as ever. Thanks again for all of your work!
    But, what a bout a tool changer?
    Just throw a bunch of parts into that magic shop of yours and see what falls out. Always amazing!
    Have a good weekend.
    Bill
    billyjack

Page 63 of 91 1353616263646573