586,655 active members*
4,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Red face Would any one help a lady?

Hi guys- I am at my first CNC machine for my art work ( I work with plexiglas that I cut and engrave). I decided to buy a machine from china and I have no idea if I am putting my self in a big mess? I have looked at several company and I have narrow down to the following two. Please help me – any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Thank you MONICA.

FIRST MACHINE:
    OMNI CNC Technology Co.ltd.
    CNC OR1218
    Spindle water-cooling spindle, 24000rpm - 2.2kw spindle
    Inverter FULING frequency inverter
    Operating area 1200 x 1800 x 100
    Machine size 2200 x 1900 x
    Motor and drive Stepper motor, Yako drive
    X, Y, Z Travelling Potioning Accuracy ±0.05/300mm
    X, Y, Z Travelling Repositioning Accuracy ±0.05mm
    Table surface PVC combined with T-slot Extrusion
    Frame Iron welded wholly
    X, Y,Z structure Hiwin square guide rail on Y-axis and imported ballscrew on X,Z axis
    Max Rapid Travel Rate 9000mm/min
    Max working speed 6000mm/min
    Working voltage AC380V(220V/60Hz)
    Command languages G code
    Control system MACH3
    Software Type3 English version
    Packing size 1900*2500*1700mm(with wooden box)
    Gross weight 950KG

SECOND MACHINE
    TONGXING TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CO.,LTD
    CNC SUDA SD1218
    Machine Body: Cast Iron for machine body, bedframe is hard steel structure
    Surface (machine bed): T-Slot Aluminum with PVC table,
    Operating Area X/Y/Z: 1200 x 1800 x 90 mm
    Machine dimensions: 2310*1625*1337mm
    Table Size (Foot Printing): 1290*2050mm
    Throughput: 90 mm (the material thickness can put under the gantry)
    Axis Guides: Linear Square Guides(from Taiwan) for all axis
    Axis Drives X/Y/Z: Ball Bearing Screws (d=25mm / Pitch=10mm for X,Yaxis,For Z axis, the d=16mm, pitch 5mm)
    Drive system:Stepper motor, bipolar driven Full-, Half- and Microsstep able
    Max. Positioning Speed: 12m/min
    Max. Operating Speed: 8 m/min
    Positionioning Accuracy: ±0.02 mm
    Repeat Accuracy: ± 0.03 mm
    Resolution: 0.01 mm
    Computer Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/7
    Software: Original Type3 software V4.3
    Control Software:SUDA FPGA NC Controlling system
    Spindlemotor, Power: 2.2 KW (collet size : ER20) water cooled - Variable Speed Control via Frequency Inverter 0 - 24.000 RPM 2.2 KW
    Blade Diameter: Standard Φ3.175mm, Φ6mm
    Command Code: G-Code (DIN 66025, *.nc) - HPGL-Code (*.PLT)
    Power Source: AC 220V/50Hz standard machine
    Net Weight: ≈ 680kg
    Shipping Weight: ≈ 790kg
    Shipping dimensions: ≈ 1730(W) x 2370(L) x 1650(H) mm (≈6.77 m³)

Well, i'll try and help...
    If you have no experience with machines, China may not be the place to start. I seldom ever hear of anyone ordering any machine from China that didn't require alignments at best, and lots of electronics work at worst. If you can find someone local that sells, trains and services them, you might be better off. You will pay more up front i'm sure, but its pay now or pay later.

Hi Monica;

As underthetire stated you need to be careful with equipment from China especially router type machines. The quality varies widely and as indicated some times the electronics are crap. At times the mechanical structures aren't all that great either. So I will second the idea of finding a local Importer that has a good track record of supporting the machines he sells.

That being said the Suda machine appears to be more substantial than most Chinese router machines. You will need to find somebody that actually owns such a machine. To that end you might want to post in the woodworking forums where many different routers are covered.

Also look out for companies that supply illegal software copies.

Hi there,

I have bought two of these routers valued at $2250. Great machines and easy to use. Contact Tonny at http://www.jxcncrouter.com/JX-1212-1...achine-753.htm I am in New Zealand and had no problems with delivery.

I have written a short step by step tutorial on CNC for newbies. It is designed for the above chinese machines and is available on createspace. Mach3 is extremely advanced for newbies so I can understand why you would be confused. Here is the link https://www.createspace.com/4055910 it utilizes Aspire design software and NC studio for processing. You can't go wrong with it as long as you follow the steps. Have fun

I purchased a machine from Omni-CNC. It is the 1325 model. I can't give you any advise as I don't have it yet. I will be able to tell you everything you need to know on Thursday. The machine arrives to my port on the 11th. Send me a message if you would like any info. I plan on doing a write up on the machine so look for that soon.

John

I just got an Omni 1212. Looks OK, some of the welds on the frame are interesting. Works pretty well, but it took awhile to get it going. They forgot to include NCstudio, so I had to track that down... Also, the machine settings for the ballscrews on X and Y were wrong (stuff was coming out double size). The wire for the touch plate was broken (btw, that led to a broken cutter :/) There also seems to be a slight binding in the X-axis movement, but it only skipped steps once and I was trying to do it. It is very fast, the 2.2kw spindle is awesome, and the machine is very sturdy. Everything is neat and tidy, I was suprised at how nice it looks.

All in all, I would be very careful about ordering a Chinese machine. It will require a significant amount of research and technical proficiency. All the money savings in the world won't help you if you can't get it to work. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :P

Hi John,
    did you get your omni cnc?

By
    Monica

Yes I did. I will be doing a write up on it soon. I have not hooked it up yet, waiting for the electrical company to finish there work.

John

Hello Monica ,

We are manufacture of CNC Router and Laser machines . Recently we had a Italy customer Pasquale Malizia visit our factory in late May 2013 ,he stay here about one week to learn and adjust machines . He is really good at machine precision and operation .May be you can ask him for a reference before you are going to buy one .
    He bought a CNC router 6090 and will buy other laser machines . If you need we can try to contact for you .

Here is a work video --one of our customer made .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFC_Oi0MjNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjpekO0sqWg

If you are interested with our machine , pls feel free to visit us at our web site :CNC Router Laser Cutting Machine CNC Engraving Machine-XYZ Machinery LLC

Best regards,
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery