586,655 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Setting up Bridgeport 412 TNC2500 after power supply replacement

Setting up Bridgeport 412 TNC2500 after power supply replacement

Hi

I have finally got my 412 into working order (I hope!!!) So far turned machine on, asks to pass over references, press yellow 'power on' button, press green 'cycle start' 3 times, all axes moved slightly but all axes are now sat on the limit switches. Machine displays x-y-z co-ordinates on the screen, if I go to manual or handwheel, machine will not move and says 'set datum'. If I try to move axis on handwheel is displays alternately - limit + limit.

I'm guessing I need to jog the machine off the limit switches in order to pass over the reference points???? Is there something you have to do or press to enable you to jog the machine off the limit switches??

I had to replace the power supply and so lost all the machines parameters. I have just entered the generic parameters on the Bridgeport parameter sheet, do I need to enter some values for machine specific parameters to get the machine working, that I can then adjust for my actual machines settings???

Thanks

you need to set up the x y and z limits one thing I have noticed when my 151 loses parameters, it resets the user definable limits to useless numbers

you will need to set an accurate toolchange height and perhaps something about spindle orient