586,796 active members*
2,539 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Question Collets and holders....

:cheers: I purchased a compumill 1500 which is to me a big machine, but to most, probably a small machine. the table is 42 x 9, bridgeport size. The mill is cnc with manual controls. The spindle is a nmtb 30. I have a bt 30 collet holder for er16. I tried to match the drawbar threads, appears to be somewhat different. My drawbar is susposed to be 1/2 x 13 and is a power drawbar by Align.

My question, is the bt 30 and the nmtb 30 interchangable in the same spindle and if not, what is the difference... I suspect it is (bt 30) metric and the nmtb 30 is english.

If you can help, please respond....

hmmm can't help much with your question but how about posting some pics of your new machine?

JR

Show my machine....#87 show my shop.....

Thanks for inquirey...check number 87 and that is the best for now.... Shop is being build as i get the $ to do.... I have been trying to get some tools and end mills and so on. I have to have 220 trenched in and get a rotary converter for 3 phase, etc. I am looking at a 7 hp size so it will work with any reasonable piece of equipment for us little guys.......anyway... :cheers: to ya

Page 2 of 2 12