Hello to all - Looks like a great, knowledgable group here so perhaps some might help steer me in the right direction.

I own a small business that makes placards out of acrylic. The business has grown to a point where the person doing the laser work for me can't meet the volume. So, I need to invest into a laser machine and begin producing the parts myself. The problem is, I don't know where to begin or what exactly I'm looking for when it comes to these machines or how they operate (especially software). I have a basic understanding but lack the knowledge when it comes to shopping for one.

I have seen many different machines on ebay, mostly "Made in China". Don't know if that is a good route to go? The machine would have to have a working area of at least 20x20 inches. My budget is in and around $10,000 - But, wouldn't mind spending more for the right piece of machinery.

Attached are some of the jobs to be done with it. Panels are constructed out of 4.6mm white acrylic and painted with about 5 coats of automotive paint.

The questions are:

What do I look for when shopping for a laser machine?
What companies would you recommend?
What type and how much maintenance is required?

Many thanks in advance!

Jorge