So,

I was planning and really excited about doing a G0704 mill cnc mill conversion. I bought Hoss's plans and have been bugging him with emails asking only those question a newby can, and to his credit he has been answering all of them. To Hoss, a debt of gratitude. So after much debate I ordered my G0704 and excitedly waited for it to arrive. It did, cleaned it, it made some noises when running in, ran a little hot and the usual stuff. Then I started to look closely and the biggest problem that I noticed was that the ways on the z axis and one side of the y were unfinished, in fact they were rougher than some files that I had in my tool box. I contacted Grizzly and they gave me a real runaround, speaking to different people, people not calling me back when they should, making promises and this went on for a few weeks. Finally I got tired, re-packaged the machine and sent it back after being told that as soon as they got the shipping number that they would send me another. The new machine never arrived and after me chasing them again, because i kicked up such a stink, they are giving me a full refund! Ok, but I don't want a refund I want another machine. There answer to that, they have decided to terminate our business arrangement and even if I try and buy another machine they won't sell it to me! I'm really blown away and don't understand how they can do business like this. I'm actually reeling from the whole thing. The worst part is I still want the mill.

Attachment 184260

Attachment 184262

Attachment 184264

Attachment 184266

Attachment 184268

Attachment 184270

Attachment 184272