586,892 active members*
4,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > A Warning about Grizzly and the G0704 mill
Page 5 of 5 345

Re: A Warning about Grizzly and the G0704 mill

This was what I expected Grizzly to offer. IMHO they have been very good to deal with and stand behind their products. Even with full knowledge of our intent.

I would think they will go out of their way to make sure the next mill you receive is to spec and operational out of the box. Best of luck on the new machine and some stress has to have been lifted with the response you got. Maybe they are watching this thread?
    A lazy man does it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Dingus,

If it where my decision I would return it and take the offer for a complete new machine.
    Most likely they will cherry pick the exchange machine so you will be happy.
    If you try to fix it yourself you might end up with a chocolate covered turd.

Live from downtown Burbank, home of the worlds best pumpkin pie.
    JoeyB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    This was what I expected Grizzly to offer. IMHO they have been very good to deal with and stand behind their products. Even with full knowledge of our intent.

I would think they will go out of their way to make sure the next mill you receive is to spec and operational out of the box. Best of luck on the new machine and some stress has to have been lifted with the response you got. Maybe they are watching this thread?
    I don't know about cherry picking, but they do seem to be making an effort to take a look at the replacement machine.

I received the order confirmation / thank you e-mail and when I clicked on the order status link in the email and then clicked "Download Order Status" on the Grizzly webpage which opened a pdf of the order confirmation which included a note: *****Please Take to Service for Inspection****

Attachment 258442

I think it took an extra day to ship because of this, but that's OK because I opted to place a new order on my credit card for the replacement for quicker turn-around and they still managed to inspect the replacement. Expected delivery is now 12/1. I also already received an RMA number and instructions to ship the other mill back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are aware of this thread as it has many views. I found this thread early in my due diligence on the mill for sure.

I will update this thread again when i get the new machine and inspect it myself.

We're pretty confident they watch the forum. They started having the mills show up with the 3 hole mod on the head and started supplying the spindle wrench. Stuff directly taken from comments and modifications people here have made.
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Hi, I think you must realise that the mills aren't made by the suppliers, just imported and supplied etc, and they mean to sell every one of them eventually......so that means all those that fall down on the quality issue will be re-supplied to the next buyer until in the end someone with the knowledge and expertise to rework one of these efforts does just that and makes it work properly, but in saying that it's assuming the final buyer also knows something about machinery and buys one anyway knowing that with hours of fun it can be made to work better.

I would also say that if the mills were reworked to a higher standard they would fetch a better price, probably $500 higher, but with a turnkey quality that guarantees straight out of the box working ability.

This is of course would be a total waste of time as the mills are not intended to be turnkey per se, but as organ donors for higher concepts CNC wise, and with that possibility the rework also becomes part of the rebuild if the builder has distinct mechanical knowledge beyond just bolting bits and pieces together like a Meccano set.

BTW, the mill in question only needs a few hours of scraper work to make it pristine, so with that knowledge gained from hands on experience, anything relating to machine rebuilding in the future is a feather in your cap.
    Ian.

The mill he returns to grizzly will more than likely be sold at one of their tent sales next year for a fraction of the cost, that's what they do.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Page 5 of 5 345