586,898 active members*
2,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Which Haas rotary table should I get?

Which Haas rotary table should I get?

Hello,

I have a 1998 Haas VF-4, and I am currently using a Troyke DL9 rotary table on it. It is used to mill aluminum castings, the castings are about 1 foot square in size. The rotary table isn't doing any true 4th axis milling, it just rotates to 0 degrees, and mills some stuff, then rotates to 180 degrees and mills some stuff on the other side, then the cycle is done.

Unfortunately, the Troyke rotary table constantly wears out and I need to get it rebuilt once every few months. I am interested in replacing the Troyke rotary table with a (hopefully more reliable) Haas rotary table.

The local Haas rep recommends the HRT210 model. Do you think that will be rugged enough for this application? Or should I select a different model Haas rotary table.

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum, or if a similar question has been already asked, feel free to point me to a different forum thread if this has already been discussed before.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyMinnesota View Post
    I am currently using a Troyke DL9 rotary table on it.
    Never even heard of that brand...but

The local Haas rep recommends the HRT210 model. Do you think that will be rugged enough for this application?

My guess is yes. Are they the same size platter? If so, I'd say you are probably fine with a 210. I assume you have compared the torque numbers/brake power of each?
    Tim

Hello,

I have a 1998 Haas VF-4, and I am currently Thanks
    Hi,
    The HRT210 as the name implies has only 210 mm (8.25") in diameter, you'll have to put an extra plate to hold a 12 x 12" part. And since you have a VF4, why not go for a HRT310 (12" diam.); even with this you'll need an extra plate. Myself I've had VF2, VF3, VM2 and VM3 machines, and in all of them used an HRT310, little to big in the #2's, but there you'll make all the jobs, bigs and smalls.
    Mario