587,023 active members*
4,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mitsubishi controls > L3 control CPU card LEDs MC1619-1. LED3 ON steady. Supermax lathe

L3 control CPU card LEDs MC1619-1. LED3 ON steady. Supermax lathe

Hello, I have a 1994 Supermax CNC Lathe that I recently purchased and been trying to bring back to life. The control is Meldas L3Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130421_171415.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	182441

Seller told me that they had several boards repaired by Mitsubishi. They initialized the card and entered parameters, although there seems to be some uncertainty about parameters.
    The machine powers up and I can jog and reference the X and Y axis but the spindle does nothing. I'm not seeing any errors as far as I can tell and the only thing that I found is the LED3 on the CPU board is ON steady while manual says it needs to be blinking. Does anyone know what this means or what I should be looking at?

I'm talking with lathe manufacturer about obtaining proper parameters, meanwhile machine did come with printout of parameters but there is nothing that says they are definitely for this machine. I went through the list of parameters and they do actually seem to be from this machine but there are missing sections. For example the sections "M_PARAM 11.1/1 PLC AXIS" "M_PARAM 12.1/1 PLC SERVO" are not there. Looking at the manual it seemed that these setting should be the same as AXIS section 3 and SERVO section 5 parameters, even the parameter names are almost the same, so that is what I ended up using.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have you tried a call into Mitsubishi service line in Chicago?
    There are a few techs there that can be helpful and at least give you some direction, maybe.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I'll give that a try tomorrow.