My Torus Pro had its first real, full day as a "production" machine, and it performed magnificently! Yesterday I "upgraded" the coolant reservoir to an 18 gallon transparent container, keeping the bucket-in-a-bucket chip strainer, which works wonderfully. I also added the hose and nozzle you see in the first picture, to help in cleaning up the machine.

Today the machine ran non-stop for 10 hours, producing all of the parts below, and, in the process, created easily 25 gallons of chips. The last part made looks just as good as the first - and ALL 43 pieces were made with the same $10 HSS endmill, which is still cutting very well! Each part starts out as a 1.25" x 3" x 6" piece of 6061, and machining removes roughly 2/3 of the material, and takes 4 tool changes. Only the top-side machining was done today, the bottom side, which goes much faster, will be done tomorrow morning.

It is necessary to stop fairly often to sweep off the Y axis bellows, and push all the chips into the drain. I had to empty the bucket filter several times as well, in addition to just shoveling lots of chips directly from the chip trays into the garbage can. Other than that one minor nuisance, the machine worked extremely well - not one single problem of any kind. Needless to say, I am VERY happy with the machines performance!

Let's see a Tormach do that much work in one day! :-)

Attachment 181911

Attachment 181912

Attachment 181913

Attachment 181914

Attachment 181915