586,390 active members*
2,990 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 4 1234
    Thanks for the info Ron. This is good news your kits seem pretty popular and the price looks good for a quality gantry. You will most likely be hearing from as soon as I save up enough money (almost there!!!)

I recently purchased a 5x10 table from Lightning CNC and I'm really happy about it. When I was researching CNC tables and came across Lightning CNC the bad reviews made me a little skeptical. But for the price I thought it was worth giving them a call and found out that they are a young company and gave them the benefit of doubt. Plus, I figured everyone has their own experiences and I’m a business owner myself and know there are some people you can never please. About 3 and a half weeks (which is awesome considering a lot of the companies I researched are roughly 6 weeks out) after placing my order I received my table and everything was there. There are no written instructions but I followed the steps on their assembly video on youtube and everything went fine. It really doesn't take a genius to figure it out. I'm using my table with a Hypertherm powermax 45 and the table worked perfect the first trial run. For the price, people need to stop complaining about the packaging. Go spend $20,000 on a table if you're looking for a pretty box. The craftsmanship is phenomenal. I'm definitely not disappointed!

-Rob

I can not believe I some one have the same problem as us in New York. If i have to power to shut down these guys I would. I had to find a trucking company to pick up my machine and it came with nothing it was fully paid for on ebay. I have to purchase all kind of material to finish my table and it is not finish. LIGHTING CNC Is a joke. i am still struggling with my machine. I have no idea all my mach3 settings is off. anyone that could help us run this table will be taking care of. please we need help

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1371 View Post
    I can not believe I some one have the same problem as us in New York. If i have to power to shut down these guys I would. I had to find a trucking company to pick up my machine and it came with nothing it was fully paid for on ebay. I have to purchase all kind of material to finish my table and it is not finish. LIGHTING CNC Is a joke. i am still struggling with my machine. I have no idea all my mach3 settings is off. anyone that could help us run this table will be taking care of. please we need help
    Sounds like you need to contact robertV73 he had no problems getting his table up and running perfectly I am sure he will be glad to lend you a hand.

Hello Robertv73 we about to shell out more money trying to find a table that we can afford. we purchase a 5x10 table from lighting cnc in Cali. we got the stuff piece by piece and purchase the rest. our table is still not working. you maybe the lucky one but we are not. I thought we were getting a great deal. I can not continue complaining about spill milk. I just need my table to work. Can you help. we are glad to make it worth your while

need help with my lighting cnc machine

is there anyone out there cnc help setting up a lighting cnc machine. I will award you for your time. this table is just sitting there not working for months. need help.

Hi anthony1371,

Call their Tech Support
    They are 24/7
    760-530-6872 extension 104

They are awsome, even if you don't have a Lightning cnc table they will still help you as much as they can.

I know I'm about to call them all week if I have to. I tried everything to make this table run like is supposed to and still nothing yet. Since I bought it I've added a Proma THC and made the Z axis float and added a touch-n-go switch. I just hope they help me get this table running, I'm out of options, patience, and time. (chair)
    Quote Originally Posted by HIDesigns View Post
    Hi anthony1371,

Call their Tech Support
    They are 24/7
    760-530-6872 extension 104

They are awsome, even if you don't have a Lightning cnc table they will still help you as much as they can.

Out of curiosity what are the issues with your table?

Quote Originally Posted by PITEK View Post
    I know I'm about to call them all week if I have to. I tried everything to make this table run like is supposed to and still nothing yet. Since I bought it I've added a Proma THC and made the Z axis float and added a touch-n-go switch. I just hope they help me get this table running, I'm out of options, patience, and time. (chair)

the problem i am having is that it should be a plug and play set up for plasma cutting sheet metal. all the numbers on the march 3 was off. I did get it to work by view a you tube video but its not running straight. i set up this table by looking at pictures. there was no instruction if i do get it to run. setting up the plasma cutter is going to be another store. Can anyone shear the knowledge help everyone with a none working lighting cnc machine

I'd love to help you, but you're not mentioning much to go on. What is not running straight, the x axis, the y axis, the z axis. are any of the axis driven by two motors? whats going on?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1371 View Post
    the problem i am having is that it should be a plug and play set up for plasma cutting sheet metal. all the numbers on the march 3 was off. I did get it to work by view a you tube video but its not running straight. i set up this table by looking at pictures. there was no instruction if i do get it to run. setting up the plasma cutter is going to be another store. Can anyone shear the knowledge help everyone with a none working lighting cnc machine

Quote Originally Posted by PITEK View Post
    call who lighting cnc? those guys refuse to answer my phone for at least 5 months in a row. i had to trick them with a 404 area code that's how i got the rest of my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    Out of curiosity what are the issues with your table?
    I got everything wired but the pin set up is a mess.
    I start the g-code on mach and it goes, torch turns on to cut but as soon it starts moving the torch turns off but the g-code keeps going as if the torch was still on.
    IF when the torch stays on, it goes down to pierce, starts cutting but then it starts to go up all the way? I look over to the THC and is displays 199v? I have it setup for 110v.
    In the diagnostics window on mach when i trip the z axis switch the torch on led blinks?
    IS JUST A MESS!!

Anyway this table was supposed to come with the pins set up ready to go, all I had to do was run wires and set the pins active but after trying so many times, setting the pins with the numbers they gave me, checking the settings, doing test runs, researching online, I had to walk away from it, so now it just sits there.

who supplied the computer that operates it, and is it using printer port or some other type of interface?

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    who supplied the computer that operates it, and is it using printer port or some other type of interface?
    The table came with the computer from Lightning. Is using a printer port. I have seen this table run fine from different people besides Lightning CNC and I would rather have it running instead of getting a different kind since it is already set in my shop, I would hate to do it all over again.

When I built my table, I had the same problem . The torch would fire and then shut off and the machine would go on it's merry way and go through the G code. The torch was moving up to the Z axis stop so the torch was too high to fire.

I had neglected to enable the THC in the Mach config. It's under Ports and Pins, Input signals. I also had the Z axis pins reversed. You might want to check these.

Willy

HOW DO YOU ADD A THC TO YOUR LIGHTING CNC

DID YOU GET YOUR TABLE FINISH YET. I WILL PAY A PLANE TICKET TO GET MY TABLE SET UP PLUS A FEE. I AM TIRED OF LOOKING AT THIS TABLE. I GOT IT RUNNING ONLY TO ADD THE TORCH HIGH CONTROL AND SEE IT CUT FOR ONCE. IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO FLY OUT TO N.Y AND ARE SKILL IN SETTING UP TABLE PLEASE EMAIL ME AT once. Thank you.

willy would you like to fly out to NY to correct my table? only if i have a table that could run. any one with the tech and full experience to get this going

Anthony:

I don't know anything about the Lightning CNC machine other than what I've read on their web site.

It looks like it ships with a G540 controller. If that's what you have, I would go to the Gecko Web site and download all of the G540 info (if you don't have it already). Gecko also has a Mach3 XML for the G540 which will configure Mach3 to run with the G540. This will give you a basic starting point for the software that you know is good. They also have some info on making sure the PC is set correctly.

I would also recheck the stepper motor wiring, especially the current set resistors. If you already have a THC attached, I would remove it until you get the basic setup working. If you don't have a THC and you want one, check out CandCNC. They have a wide selection of systems. I use their LCTHC which is very basic unit but it works fine for my applications.

Work it step by step and you'll get it running.

Willy

Page 2 of 4 1234