586,956 active members*
2,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How much trouble am I in?

I am brand spanking new at this. I bought a Harbor Freight mini mill, Picked up a CNC Fusion kit for X, Y, Z and the Probotix 3 axis monster hybrid kit with the PBX-USB break out board (not assembled).Everything went together well, kind of. I thought I had rung out my electronics: set the voltage on the power supply and set the drivers at 2 amps. When completed, I downloaded the software, activated the license and tried to jog the motors (bench test), no motors turned. Tried several times then checked the voltages again. Found that I had reversed the input voltage on all three drivers: Power to ground: ground to power. I corrected the wiring, now Z works perfectly. Y motor takes two or three clicks of the mouse before motor changes direction and X won’t work at all even when I change drivers or cable. When I try to hand turn X, the motor feels like I am grinding wheat. Did I damage the drivers and motors when I screwed up the polarity? Would like some input on what to do next. Is there a fix besides opening my wallet?

There are people here that likely know something about your drivers.
    If you get tired of waiting, just phone the manufacturer of the drives and ask them.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Trials&Tribs View Post
    I am brand spanking new at this. I bought a Harbor Freight mini mill, Picked up a CNC Fusion kit for X, Y, Z and the Probotix 3 axis monster hybrid kit with the PBX-USB break out board (not assembled).
    You might have better luck posting in an appropriate forum. Browse the threads here and see if this looks like the right forum.

DareBee,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I took your suggestion and the manufacture is working with me.

What is the appropriate forum for a question like this?