586,103 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > 2.2kw BLDC motor on G0704, X3, RF45, etc... Who else is running one?

2.2kw BLDC motor on G0704, X3, RF45, etc... Who else is running one?

Hello All,

I was wondering who else was running the Sangmutan BLDC motor and controller on a small mill and wanted to know how you liked it so far?

I have been running mine for a few weeks now (manual mode only major, PITA, when running on a CNC mill) and besides the poor instructions that accompany the setup I really am impressed and very satisfied with the smooth quiet operation and power and torque the motor produces. I am currently running it on a 1:1 pulley ratio but have plans to design and run a 2-step pulley setup which will be a 1:2 and 2:1 for a speed range of 200-12,000 RPM. I am not sure i remember what the AC bearings I installed in the spindle are rated for so I may need to go back through and check that.

As far as fitment, it fits just nicely on the mill head and even with my PDB I have full tilt of the head (Note: I have the Rotary axis between Z saddle and Head). It is a large sucker so it does hang over in the back of the head but only because of the PDB.. it appears (have not measured) that if the PDB was not there i could use a short enough belt to have the back of the motor sit inside the rear edge of the spindle head. I'll Measure and post the actual results if anyone is interested.

I am having some wiring difficulties trying to decipher the instructions which are poor at best, and i was wondering if any one here have run this motor of the 1100w version with a c11G BOB or similar. I understand the analog out and have run a treadmill motor with a KBB controller, but i used a relay to start the spindle by powering on the KBB. this controller appears to want (if I interpreted correctly) a short pulse to ground to start, and then another short pulse to ground to stop which is a bit confusing and I am unclear how to address that.. I could be wrong but I am out of spare motors and am terrified to damage the board and be without the mill (need it right now). If anyone has any information or input I would greatly appreciate it!!

I will post some pictures of the setup this evening once i get the mill cleaned up...lol

Thanks all and happy chip making!

Chris

Re: 2.2kw BLDC motor on G0704, X3, RF45, etc... Who else is running one?

Your running the 2.2kw? Could you post some pics of it on there? I'm curious what it looks like mounted.

I really wanted to get the 1.1kw version for my x2 but I already had the treadmill motor. Looking forward to the pics. Sorry I can't offer input, the instructions seem pretty straight forward, the ones one automation tech's website. Are those the ones you're looking at?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I think I finally figured it out, I had to solder two connections on the back of the small PCBA to sorry them, I am going to write a detailed how to once I'm done to help any poor souls who try to interpret the Chinese instructions...

Rs4race,

Yes, in running the 2.2kw and will take adobe pictures once I'm done getting the spindle tuned in...

Chris

any updates to this?