586,277 active members*
3,477 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tb6560

Unhappy tb6560

Hi, I am just starting out and its a bit confusing I recently bought one of these blue tb6560 3 axis boards.I thought I`d
    just plug it all in and try it out and then build the cnc router and start making g codes .But the board all the light come on
    and the steppers don`t move and can't be moved by hand I have done all the setting on the DATA SHEET from
    http://www.fozztexx.com/CNC/HY-TB3DV-M_3Axis_Driver.pdf but still it wont do any think so I do not now were to start from
    so have any one got any ideas how to fix it.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Nigel.

Do you have the enable pin connected and properly configured in Mach?

Nigel, I have the same board and had the same problem from the start. The manual does not describe the configuration of the input, at least not clearly. Mach3 won't start the motors unless Estop is also configured. This is mentioned on page 3 and is done by using a normally closed push button, connecting pin 13 of the printer port to the GND, setting the port number from 0 to 1, or if you don't use a button, tick the "Emulated" box. Emulated Estop is not a good practice, so connect a button is my advice. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelcc View Post
    I am just starting out and its a bit confusing I recently bought one of these blue tb6560 3 axis boards.I thought I`d just plug it all in and try it out
    Hi Nigel,

You have such strong passion to do just this the first time?. Most of the time these gizmo's don't work straight out of the CAN.

As earlier contributers has pointed out, calm down, take a deeeeep breath, don't rush and read this manual first.
    Page 12-1, Appendix 2. of Mach3 Mill 1.84.pdf
    You will find useful infos. on MACH3 at this site.

Usually in MACH3 and only if you have configured your stepper boards correctly, when MACH3 is in E-Stop mode
    all your stepper axises shall freely turn with thy hands

It's read-read-read thats the name of the game, if unsure, return it to seller, noting-gain noting-lost.

Hans.