586,762 active members*
8,477 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: DoAll C4 saw

DoAll C4 saw

I was recently given a DoAll C4 band saw. The feed does not work. When I lift the machine I can get it to stop, but when I release the break the saw just falls, quickly. I've replace the springs in the back, the shock absorber, and the break cable. I am at my wits end. The feed is supposed to be controlled by adjusting a screw at the bottom of the machine that increases tension on the springs. That isn't working for me. If anyone has any thoughts I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks.

Did you ever get this figured out? I have a doall c4 that needs a new release cable.

Sadly, no we didn't. The guys at DoAll helped me out until they didn't have anymore parts to sell me, then they blew me off. Ours started with replacing the release cable. Then we replaced the springs and the shock. It works, it just only feeds at one speed which is way too fast. Good luck, hope you have a better outcome than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Limabeans913 View Post
    The guys at DoAll helped me out until they didn't have anymore parts to sell me, then they blew me off.
    ROFL! Thats a great way to put it.

I've had mine since last summer and am only now looking at the cable situation, so I don't have any info to give.

So you replaced the springs and shock and it's not better, huh? I've read that it should take 12# of force to keep the head up on a bandsaw of this size, so theres something to shoot for. The shock on mine has a Monroe sticker on in... like its from the auto parts store (that would not surprise me in my area). Maybe you could try a stiffer shock. Did you play with the spring tension? I see it has a pretty long thread on it for adjustment. Do you have the manual? They are the interwebz for the viewing.

I hate to say it, but on my chitty 7x12 import bandsaw, that shock with a lever valve on it seems to work ok.

EDIT: Oops, i see in your first post you said you adjusted the spring. Sorry!(chair)

Do you still need a part for your Doall band saw ?