586,116 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco bmc25 spindle drive

Hurco bmc25 spindle drive

A few months back a purchased a hurco bmc25, 1990 ultimax2 control. I had it stored until a few weeks back when I finally wired it up. Initially ad problems with console not working but now have to over that issue to be stuck on another. There is no movement or life whatsoever from any of the axis. The spindle was put on blocks for transportation and that is how it still remains. There seems to be a problem with the spindle control board. There is nothing appearing on the error code display, and no LEDs lighting up. Initially it was blowing fuses due to the fan being jammed but now that is disconnected and fuses are fine but still no life. The input voltage is good and I have had the main board checked for errors and none found. Can anybody shed any light?
    Thanks

Did you change the two fuses inside the drive?
    do you have 200v to terminals r & t at the bottom of the drive?
    Are the servo amps lit up?
    do you have a serial number for the machine?

Hi Bloke,
    Yes I changed both the fuses on the board. I think they were 5 amps? Now the fan is disconnected there are no problems with the fuses. Yes there is 200V across the phases at terminals r and t. When you say the servo amps I'm assuming you mean the 3 boards in the bottom of the cabinet which also have numerical displays and led's on them, they are all lit up. I should mention also that behind these spindle boards there is a little square light that reads 'charge' underneath. This used to light up when I was having the fuse troube, now it doesn't anymore. Also I have checked all the fuses I can find and they are all good. The Hurco service desk were very helpful but seem to have exhausted all avenues and also the manufacturers of the board itself. The console reads that the servo power is off and to press start, but when you press it nothing happens. It also reads that there is a servo amp error on b axis? I think this is the tool magazine? But that works fine manually and I think that possibly these are unrelated problems to the spindle drive.

If you are getting the voltages at R,S,T and r & t, then the internal power supply may be at fault. top of the drive there will be a board abot 5" by 6". it may be that there is no DC to your drive control PCB. You are quite a way up the country. Andy T is your closest repair fella.