Hi Guys,

Perhaps somebody can shed some light on this issue. I have a Modela Roland MDX-20. I am trying to write some code using the Roland programming manual as a guide. So far so good, I have managed to mill out my designs. However, I noticed that I cannot set the location to which the tool piece should return when issued a PU command (Pen Up).

The programming guide suggests that the values of z1 and z2, i.e. the reference values from z0 determine where the tool piece will move to when the pen up and down commands are called.

I have managed to set the Pen Down level (z1) however no matter what value I select for z2, the pen always comes back up to the maximum height. This is a bit of a pain because it slows down the entire milling process. Every time the tool piece needs to move to a new location it first must go to maximum height.

Does anyone know how to correctly set this value? My code so far is as below,
PA;PA;VS10;VZ10;!MC1;!PZ-1890,20;

The Value -1890 (z1) sets the pen down level correctly, however the 20 (z2) sets the Pen up as maximum height. So does any other values for z2..

Am I correct in assuming that theses values are absolute because I have set PA (Position absolute) or are the values of z1 and z2 relative to my the starting position of the tool piece (z0). That being, its position because the PA command is called.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

A