586,469 active members*
3,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Post Problem/Post needed

Angry Post Problem/Post needed

Hi All,

I am in need of some help relating to a post I have. It is not currently outputting the correct codes, after posting, and i cannot seem to get it right, no matter what i change. Does anybody have a post for a Fagor 8025/8030 models T, TG,TS?

As you all know this is a frustrating part of Edgecam, and I would appreciate the help.

Many Thanks.

Dan

Are you on a maintenance contract with the UK direct Edgecam guys? If so, they should be your first port of call. Am pretty sure they'll have a Fagor post, or if you don't want to buy one they should be able to advise you.

Alternatively post up your issue here with some details and someone will help you out. Ideally attach your post, ppf and required nc code.

No, i'm just a run of the mill CNC programmer, looking for some assistance. I am currently speaking to Edgecam, but i was trying to attack all possibilities at all angles. This is my first time on here, and i dont know how 6to attach! i need some help with that too!!

Yeah I was having problems trying to attach files today.

BTW what version of Edgecam are you running? If it's the same as me I'll let you have my email and you can send me the files direct.

I have just updated to 2013 r1. My e-mail is [email]Thanks

Hi Dan. I sent you a DM, so check your inbox. I couldn't email you direct. Maybe best if you remove your work email from public view.

Hopefully all sorted now.

Main problem here was Dans post contained ;code like this .....

%IF #COMMENTNEXT=#TRUE %THEN <[#DELETE=38][#BNUM=34] ([USERDEFINEDSTRING])>:#COMMENTNEXT=#FALSE.

I would recommend you never use this kind of output. You can see the numbers =38 and =34 in this case. What this refers to is the position in the format table that the block number is going to take. So when this initial snippet of code was written the 34’th place in the format table would have been the block number (ie N). However as the posts get updated new format entries get inserted so the =38 and =34 become obsolete and wrong. Always copy to a user variable and use a token as the format position gets updated automatically.