586,375 active members*
3,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Trying to get Mori SL1A up and running.

Question Trying to get Mori SL1A up and running.

Hello
    I am working on a recently aquired 1980s Mori SL1A with a 3t control. When we got the Machine the batteries were dead
    and all parameters were lost so I copied the general parameters from our Mori Sl3 and loaded them.
    Now the control boots up fine but there is an ER3 machine error and the turret will not index, all other hydraulics like chuck and
    tailstock work fine so I checked all the turret limit switches and they are fine also. I can make the turret unclamp by
    manually activating the unclamp solenoid but it still wont rotate by activating the rotate solenoid while its unclamped.
    Any Ideas what the problem is.
    Also when you rapid the machine and let go of the joystick it will coast another 1" or so and any rapid at more than 25% on x or z it gets a servo alarm stating that the numerical value of the error register per that axis has been exceeded.
    did I miss a parameter value somewhere or are these electrical or mechanical problems.
    has anybody else had these types of problems.

any problem like that is a parameter issue.....

the turret dose not work properly if the timer is missing. there will be few values in the diagnostics also. check if u have entered them

I would call mori and see if you can get a parameter sheet. Not many in that control. The axis problem sounds more like a tach feedback problem, since those are old analog dumb drives.