586,096 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Quorn Tool and Cutter Grinder

I'm looking for information on the Quorn Tool and Cutter Grinder. Does anyone still sell the book and casting kits for this tool?

http://www.hobbymechanics.com.au

Also do an internet search on "Quorn Tool" and you'll find lots of info.

check out (google) model engineering sites/suppliers, the book and castings are available, buy they book and start saving your pennies for the casting. its a great project, but the castings have become so expensive that I'd either 1) make it as a fabrication (normalized after welding) or 2) pick up a good used T&C grinder and start making accessories (that’s what i did and you’ll end up with more of a machine).

yes cast iron is better from both a stability and dampening viewpoint, but it won't matter for this machine imo, normalizing will give you a stable piece of steel and cutting forces are so small i don't think dampening is much of an issue

There is an active Yahoo group for the Quorn.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quorn_owners/
    Regards,
    Mark

mtech...I have a winzip file with a bunch of drawings etc for the Quorn.
    PM me if you are interested (and can open a winzip...lol)
    Russ

Laslo (Robert?) I've been trying to email you some drawings but...you have "don't allow" through here and you're email rejects the zip file.
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by torker
    Laslo (Robert?) I've been trying to email you some drawings but...you have "don't allow" through here and you're email rejects the zip file.
    Russ
    Sorry Russ -- I didn't know that CNCZone turns your email contact off by default. DOH!

My "public" email is now enabled.

GUYS! HOPE YOU ALL CATCH THIS!!!!!
    I've lost the file with the Quorn/Brooks grinder info. My computer crashed awhile back and I lost a bunch of stuff. Perhaps one of the couple guys I sent this to can send it to you.
    Thanks!
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by torker View Post
    GUYS! HOPE YOU ALL CATCH THIS!!!!!
    I've lost the file with the Quorn/Brooks grinder info. My computer crashed awhile back and I lost a bunch of stuff. Perhaps one of the couple guys I sent this to can send it to you.
    Russ,

I enabled my CNCZone email after your post, but you never sent me the files
    I have the Brooks articles from MEW -- is that what you have? The Chaddock Quorn articles are posted on the Quorn_Owners group.

Contact me off list and I'll send you what I have...

Robert