Hi there,

I am a 18 year old guy and I am looking into buying a laser cutter.

I will use it for my business (until today I have done the whole cutting process manually with a cutting knife and ruler ).

I have been looking into the YORK Laser 50W CO2 laser cutter (Smart man 350E Desktop Laser Engraver, Desktop engraving & cutting machine). I have seen it on a blog of a french guy, who has bought the same machine from the same company. Here is his page: nio's stuff » ?Ichiro? Please check the cutting tests, he has an image of paper ("The same vector pattern cut on paper. Notice that the paper is not burnt at all…")

-----------------------------------------------------

For what I need it:

- Cutting paper (0.25mm thickness / A4 Size) in basically 4 different "templates" (they are after initial positioning and testing always remain the same, and I will cut every day say 40-50 cuts of each of those templates). It will cut four "shapes" which resemble basic rectangles with some extra cuts on the sides (nothing fancy really, no complicated filigrane cut needs to be done) on each of the a4 sheets.

What I am looking for / What is important for me:

- No burning marks (or at least very, very minimum amount of it). As I cut only 4 different "templates" I could build a structure to reduce reflections. Also I could put 2 sheets of paper in the front and in the back of the paper which needs to be cut to avoid any fume/smoke marks or burning marks. I do not know yet which is best, as I have practically zero experience in this field...

- "Fast" production - This is relative. As long as I get clean, burning marks free cuts and it does not take me 1 hour to cut 1 sheet I am very happy. Also, if we could cut a stack of 5 or even 10 sheets of paper at once, this would be fantastic (however this increases fume and/or burning marks to a very high amount).

I would be very happy if you could tell me if the above laser is suitable for my needs, if I need any special lenses with it (York laser confirmed it would be suitable for my needs as it comes delivered without any special focus lenses)...

Basically just comment on my procedure, and if everything is suitable for my described needs.

I am truly grateful for any comments, and would love to present the outcomes of the cutting should it come to a purchase of this specific machine.

Thanks in advance,

-dude17