586,481 active members*
2,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > 5.0 Simulation bug?

5.0 Simulation bug?

Hi, Several times I have received the error message: "Cut simulation error, the model stock will reset". But "OK" does not get rid of the window, and I have to close Rhino....

dh

The only thing I can add to your issue is that I also find that initiating a tool path will crash Rhino forcing an exit.
    I'm not too worried about it because I feel that it's probably me not correctly building my 3D model, and we are after all using the Beta version of 5.0.
    All I'm going to do is more thoroughly investigate how I draw the models I want to generate tool paths for with Madcam, and just be patient and wait for the official release of 5.0 to happen and THEN perhaps contacting the company if any problems persist.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
    The only thing I can add to your issue is that I also find that initiating a tool path will crash Rhino forcing an exit.
    I'm not too worried about it because I feel that it's probably me not correctly building my 3D model, and we are after all using the Beta version of 5.0.
    All I'm going to do is more thoroughly investigate how I draw the models I want to generate tool paths for with Madcam, and just be patient and wait for the official release of 5.0 to happen and THEN perhaps contacting the company if any problems persist.
    No, that is the wrong way to do it. Problems are supposed to be found and fixed within the beta period.
    Zip your model and e-mail it to MadCAM with instructions which steps you do to make it crash.

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    No, that is the wrong way to do it. Problems are supposed to be found and fixed within the beta period.
    Zip your model and e-mail it to MadCAM with instructions which steps you do to make it crash.
    I'm a little embarrassed to do that because I already have discovered a couple of instances where my "2D assumptions" created a problem when trying to create a toolpath with Madcam. I am immersing myself in the concepts of 3D design with Rhino 4/5 because even though I have been using ACADR14 for years, I never had a use for it's 3D capability and therefore never tried to explore it.
    When I had a need to start milling with my newly acquired CNC machine, 3D became necessary and I really didn't like the idea of upgrading to the newest ACAD version due to the cost. With Rhino and Madcam, I'm all setup for design and milling for only about $2500 total and I think I may possibly have the best combination of tools for the money.
    Still, I'm a 3D newbie and don't think I have enough talent to send off every "bug" I find when I'm afraid that it might be me creating the bugs and not the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to do that because I already have discovered a couple of instances where my "2D assumptions" created a problem when trying to create a toolpath with Madcam. I am immersing myself in the concepts of 3D design with Rhino 4/5 because even though I have been using ACADR14 for years, I never had a use for it's 3D capability and therefore never tried to explore it.
    When I had a need to start milling with my newly acquired CNC machine, 3D became necessary and I really didn't like the idea of upgrading to the newest ACAD version due to the cost. With Rhino and Madcam, I'm all setup for design and milling for only about $2500 total and I think I may possibly have the best combination of tools for the money.
    Still, I'm a 3D newbie and don't think I have enough talent to send off every "bug" I find when I'm afraid that it might be me creating the bugs and not the software.
    Well, then ask here first.