586,523 active members*
3,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhook a Servo 300

I am trying to unhook the barfeeder. I thought I needed to switch parameter 315 bit 7, from a 1 to a 0, but all attemps have not worked. Is this the correct parameter? The lathe is a 2008 SL20, I tried switching the "write enable" pararmeter in the Setting/Graphic, #7 and then E-stop, but it will not allow me to change 315.

Thank you in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by vwilmot View Post
    I am trying to unhook the barfeeder. I thought I needed to switch parameter 315 bit 7, from a 1 to a 0, but all attemps have not worked. Is this the correct parameter? The lathe is a 2008 SL20, I tried switching the "write enable" pararmeter in the Setting/Graphic, #7 and then E-stop, but it will not allow me to change 315.

Thank you in advance,
    Be sure to press the ENTER button when changing settings otherwise it will not take.
    Parameter 315 is to tell the machine if it is a brush or brushless bar feeder.
    I believe you are looking for Par 390 Bit 3.

You can get the manual for the Servo 300 here: http://www.haascnc.com/doclib/manual/96-0013.pdf
    It will explain setup and operation procedures and also lists what parameters are used for the barfeeder.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your quick response. I did download the updated pdf, and all the parameter info was the same as my hard copy. I tried changing parameter 390, but the system refuses to change, it acts like its still write protected. Parameter 390 bit 3 "Disabled" is currently set to 0.
    Thanks again Haastec.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Be sure to press the ENTER button when changing settings otherwise it will not take.
    You did not indicate if you were doing this.

When you change a setting, if the highlighted value/message is flashing, then the control did not accept the change.

Setting 7 turned to OFF and the machine in E-Stop is all that is required to change parameters (excluding purchased option parameters)

Sorry, yes I use the Write/Enter button.

Haas Factory Support

Has your issue been resolved?
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

No, I did my local HFO and they had a field tech call. He suggested Parameter 611, but it was already a "0". The barfeeder motor/encoder is disconnected without issue. But when I disconnect the amphenol connections at the barfeeder, opon boot up I get 2 alarms, #762 V Cable Fault and #134 Low Hydraulic Pressure. I am open to ideas, and I thank you for your time.

Haas Factory Support

Please send me an email with your contact info and serial number. [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks