586,277 active members*
3,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is anyone using KmotionCNC instead of Mach3?

I'm new to the CAD/CAM world. I'm trying to figure out what will work as a post processor for KMotionCNC. I didn't have any luck asking about madCam with KMotionCNC. How about just using it with ANY cam program?

While my Kflop and machine are a few weeks from actually cutting, I'm certainly planning on using KmotionCnc. I wouldn't get too caught up in what flavor of Gcode any particular cam package spits out, as this is all pretty easy to get working to your liking.

I hope to be cutting tomorrow. I'm just trying to get an idea of what works and what doesn't so I don't have to spend hours experimenting with it.

John send Joakim an email directly about creating a post for the Kflop. It is getting popular enough and if he knows it, a post will be made. You will need to send him a sample post from Kflop or two or three would probably help, but contact him first just to see.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

KMotionCNC was derived from the original Public Domain EMC NIST rs274/NGC Interpreter Code. Mach3 and LinuxCNC Interpreters were also originally derived from this so the basic GCode is very similar.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Thanks, I'll try those. Someone also suggested trying a Fanuc post. At least that whittles the list down to something manageable. I just noticed that the post processor is fairly well documented in madCAM. I don't know why I missed that my first time through the help file. It shouldn't be difficult to write my own post, actually.