586,131 active members*
2,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > V2XT Y Axis Crash triggers "Limit Overload" message, need help

V2XT Y Axis Crash triggers "Limit Overload" message, need help

Hi All,

Have a problem with a Bridgeport V2XT (1995). Operator was moving table in rapid mode, Y axis and jammed the back of the vise which he had over hanging the table into the column. The hit was hard enough to overload the machine and it shut down.

I have been able to restart machine and jog the table into a neutral spot. When I leave the jog menu and try to ”home” the machine, I get an error message “Limit overload”.

We have checked all of the limit switches, though they should not enter into this problem, as the operator never ran table onto any of the limit switches.

I’m guessing the “limit overload” message is tied to the amount of force that the machine exerted when the operator jammed the vise back into the column.

Any thoughts on where the problem lies and if there is a way to clear the error? Have tried resetting mill with reset button on back of control enclosure and have powered mill off and back on several times.

Appreciate any and all input to help me resolve this problem.

Yours, Jim

Does not compute!
    At this point I would remove the front cover of the Y axis to expose the belt, I would move the belt/pulley by hand with the machine OFF to see if there is an unusual amount of force necessary or if the force varies with direction.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi George,
    One of the reasons the error message and incident do not compute is I did not list the error code I saw in the request for help.
    The correct error message is “Over travel Limit Activated”
    As always appreciate your wisdom and knowledge.
    Jim