586,341 active members*
3,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Different CnC software

Hello, I have just registered my account today so I apologise if I am posting in the wrong section, I'd like to ask a few questions if possible about a CnC machine I'm using.

If it helps will list what I use now first

I have a Busselato Optima CnC Router, used mainly for MDF, Running genesis evolution software

I use CnC board to run the written programs

And i use the program editor (PanEdit) to write them

I'm quite new to CnC Routing but Panedit seems simple enough for basic shapes
    (select a tool, and then an entry point, then tell it X axis value and Y axis value for example)

But for more complex shapes it seems rather slow and difficult

My question is, Is it possible to run different software for a busselato optima that would be better, more efficient, easier to use etc. than genesis or is the machine tied to that software.

I've heard Shapes can be drawn in Auto cad and then imported into a program editor but this seems like it would be difficult.

Any insight or advice on any of this would be appreciated, I apologise if not everything I have said makes sense as i mentioned before I'm very new to this kind of work.

Thank you

I've never used a Busselato, but currently use a Morbidelli, and I've used other brands in the past.
    Virtually everything I do is done with AutoCAD, and converted to G-code with another package.
    If you know AutoCAD well, it's far easier and much faster to draw your parts in AutoCAD rather than the machines control software.

I've used CadCode in the past for converting my CAD drawings to g-code, and currently use AlphaCAM. My preference would be CadCode, as it's far more automated, and much faster.

Most Busselato users use a package called Auto-Link for converting CAD programs into Busellato machine code. Here's a link, but their website is practically useless.
    AutoLink
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Smile

Thank you for your response ger21

I will have to look into both autocad and autolink

Quote Originally Posted by shtwophell View Post
    I've heard Shapes can be drawn in Auto cad and then imported into a program editor but this seems like it would be difficult.
    Using the same method but can not find it at all difficult, just apply to the profile cutters, tool offsets and depths