586,776 active members*
9,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Series wire EDM

I am brand new to wire EDM and just getting started learning this technology. I have ran CNC mills so am comfortable with the Gcode geometry programming but am completely unfimiliar with the generator and programming power settings. My question is, is there a way to program multiple holes that require different power settings due to the amount of land the holes have. Right now I am programming all holes that have similar lengths at once because I don't know how to program with different power settings.

The way I am doing this is through the AI set where it asks me the type of material, the size of the wire, and the thickness of the cut and call it a certain sub program. If I program it for a different length the power settings get over wrote limiting me to burn only one thickness at a time. There must be a better way so I can program the whole part with different power settings. Does anyone know a better way?

Jason

What model of machine are you working on. Mine uses an "S" code to call the generator parameters. Not sure if there can be multiple codes in one program or not. Need to make one up and try it out.