586,409 active members*
3,104 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Possible Older Mori Lathe for sale SL-2

Possible Older Mori Lathe for sale SL-2

Im not one for letting my machine tools go, its my livelihood and work passion to make dreams reality
    I am just putting the feelers out if anybody is interested, So far I have not listed it on Ebay or any dealers at the moment, when I get to that point, I will prolly clean it up a tad better and make the pics a bit more presentable

I purchased this machine around 2002 for one job. The job that is in the pictures, We made many thousands of these parts, as you can see there is a parts catcher that works flawlessly. It was missing when I bought the SL-2, But I came up with this one made here in the shop. That job alone paid for the machine many times over. It ran for just under a year. Since then, I have not used the machine much. It cut a lot of plastic. Its in great shape. It’s a masterpiece of workmanship and heavy iron and horse power known for these older Moris. Its geared low and has a two speed gear box. It has tremendous low end power for drilling the larger holes in the toughest materials. In that respect, it will out perform any machine on the market these days. I pride myself in keeping my machines in top shape. None in my shop are bumped off center. You put a drill in it, It will drill on center. I have been running these and maintaining these since they started importing them in 1979. At our peak production, we had six of these from SL-1 to Sl-3 models, im now down to 4 and it really disappoints me I am forced to sell this one due to financial issues. Its obviously not a “Re-Paint” its just plain a well taken care of machine. Ways are spotless, no wear marks and nothing about this machine shows any sign of abuse

This is a Mori Sieki SL-2 turning center

It features a 10 station turret (Newer style turret, be careful of the previous style turrets, they are difficult to find tool holders for)

Coolant pressure is excellent

Weight 9500 lbs

Power 208-220 three phase

Comes with two ID holders pictured

10.5 inch chuck markings HA-8-11 III. Comes with T nuts for chuck

Included the collet holder, Various size large collets and 2 master S-20 pad holders with all the pads pictured. Available are S-20“soft pads” in stock at US shop tools for making custom pads or odd shaped fixturing.

Included is 2 ID tool holders

Included is two wedge lock tooling holders for 1 inch square standard lathe tool holders

Included are the canned cycle upgrades for roughing and threading (G70-G76)

Machine has a true 2.5 though hole (Don’t be fooled by anybody claiming this model has a 3 inch though hole, this is only true if the hydraulic draw bar is removed and that makes the machine almost useless)

Please note this machine does not include a tail stock, it was intended as a first OP machine, but is still a very versatile turning center.

The machine is located in Mojave CA, about a 2 hour drive from LA basin area. It is powered up for inspection if you like.
    Buyer is responsible for rigging and trucking of machine, price to move to LA could range from $800-$1000. I recently bought a Fadal machining center and cost to move and place machine from Chatsworth CA was only about $750.00. to Mojave CA. I can recommend rigging if needed.

Price $10,000 OBO
    Contact Wayne
    Wnosala at AOL dot COM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   2.JPG   3.jpg   4.jpg  

5.JPG   6.JPG  

Price lowered to 9000

Machine sold via Ebay, But buyer could not come with the funds, So its re-listed

Thanks Mods here for letting me post this here

Mori Seiki CNC Lathe SL 2 Yasnac 2000 GII | eBay

Wayne