586,356 active members*
2,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport 720x buffer battery

Hi all,
    Can anyone here tell me where the buffer battery is on a Bridgeport 720x interact with Heidenhain 2500 control? I am getting the message up to change it but cannot find it! I've been through all the manuals and my friend google but it just tells me to change it and how, not where it is!
    Thanks in advance for any help,

Andy.

I thought the control (a big gold box) had a black plastic tube with 3 x AA alkaline batteries in it. 1/4 turn to remove the cap. Control must be ON!

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Do you mean the control panel with the screen, buttons etc on it or a control board in the back of the machine?
    The manual says its 3 AA battery's so as you say a tube somewhere...!

Andy.

There were many versions. One had a pendent on wheels. The machines I remember the control was in the back. Look for a big box with the silver encoder round connectors going to it. The box opens with snaps. looking in there you should see the black tube.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,

It is okay if I replace with AA L6 1.5V Duracell Alkaline Batteries, right? I don't need NiMH / Rechargeable batteries right?

Thanks!

ASD

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    I thought the control (a big gold box) had a black plastic tube with 3 x AA alkaline batteries in it. 1/4 turn to remove the cap. Control must be ON!

George

Never saw anything but AA alkaline batteries in these controls. So answer is YES.

George