586,761 active members*
7,217 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help chossing thc

hey guys i think its time i get a thc on my table ive been cutting alot of 16g sheet metal and im getting warpage and dross i need to know exactly what to buy im most likely gonna go with the mp3000 from candcnc but not sure what all i have to buy i have a ht 45 cutter that im running with mach3 and a g540 i am currently using the floating head but herd that adding a thc will give me a way better cut quality .. let me know your input .

The MP3000-DTHCII combined with the MIC-01 cable for the 45 gives you a Direct Connect solution for THC. Click,,,twist...done. On the page with the MP3000-DTHC you will find an option cable that connects it to your G540. The DTHCII has our exclusive DCC features that give you Advanced Automation. Won't mean much to you now but will when you find that your THC will give you much better cuts and pay for itself in increased consumable life... but only if you get the settings right. The DCC lets you embed the plasma cut parameters in the G-CODE so when you load and start the file it sets all of the parameters automatically. Every time you run that job on that material it will just load and run.

You also might consider our low cost FeatherTouch Ohmic Sensor option. On thin material it makes the touch off a lot more precise. You still use the floating holder and switch then as a backup limit in case the ohmic misses.

You will need to get SheetCAM TNG with our custom POSTS for the MP3000 to use the DCC features. If you already have it than you are good to go.

TOMcaudle
    www.Canccnc.com

I used the mp3000 on my first table build with a g540. I still run that table everyday and have never had a problem with it. Tom builds good stuff and you can join his yahoo forum and get all the info you might need
    Dave

Even if you want to go cheaper, the LCTHC from CandCNC is working Real good on my table. I have cut some of the nastiest rusty steel here lately and without the THC the torch head would literally catch and knock itself off my magnetic breakaway.

The LCTHC is a real simple hookup using the G540 interface card.