586,744 active members*
4,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread small in back

How do I adjust a O.D thread that is running .006 small in the back on a Fanuc control? The thread is a 10-32 and the problem is it's 2 inches long. I'm using a live center but it's still flexing. Any ideas?

You can program some of the taper out.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    You can program some of the taper out.
    That's what I don't know how to do

Are you using G76 thread cycle?
    If so, program a positive R value in the second G76 line.

If you are using G32, just add an X or U value to the G32 Z- line

Quote Originally Posted by Don18P View Post
    Are you using G76 thread cycle?
    If so, program a positive R value in the second G76 line.

If you are using G32, just add an X or U value to the G32 Z- line
    Thanks I'm using G92

Add an R to each line.
    It is the amount of taper RADIALLY
    so, each line would have R-.003 to make it .006 smaller at the back

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    That's what I don't know how to do
    I love it when they do not even know enough to ask the right questions.

Getting a Fanuc manual and read about threading cycles would help the most.

I belive you can use an "I" on some machines. Like on a Haas to do a Pipe thread. Or in G92 you can use an I example: http://www.webmachinist.net/g92example.html
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I love it when they do not even know enough to ask the right questions.

Getting a Fanuc manual and read about threading cycles would help the most.
    Sorry but there is not a nice way to say this but some people are just becoming Jerks and acting like this place is Facebook hiding behind their computers saying things that they would never say to a person face to face. Why do you people feel the need to act out this way. We were all new to this traded at one time and had to ask tons of questions to where we are at today and yes sometimes we didn’t even ask the right questions or did not know what questions to ask and then there is the go read the book response some people like to give out not everyone can get the answer from the book we all know that the explanations in the book aren’t very good sometimes and when you don’t even know what to ask how do you find it in a book any way. What is this site for us guys that have done this for 30 years to make fun of the new guys trying to learn our trade or is it for people of all knowledge levels to come to pass on our knowledge and gain new knowledge and incite from others. It’s the latter I hope. I like to say to all the people out there that have been made fun of and raged on for asking basic questions or not knowing what questions to ask or for trying to give and answer to help someone and finding out you were wrong and being told how stupid your answer was keep trying keep coming back and don’t let the few that just want to make their self-feel superior by dumping on you keep you from learning. Now I will get off my soap box in closing I would like to apologize for my fellow tradesman that don’t seem to have any manners and say you are welcome to ask for any help you need even when you don’t know how to ask.

Re: Thread small in back

Quote Originally Posted by chucker View Post
    Sorry but there is not a nice way to say this but some people are just becoming Jerks and acting like this place is Facebook hiding behind their computers saying things that they would never say to a person face to face. Why do you people feel the need to act out this way. We were all new to this traded at one time and had to ask tons of questions to where we are at today and yes sometimes we didn’t even ask the right questions or did not know what questions to ask and then there is the go read the book response some people like to give out not everyone can get the answer from the book we all know that the explanations in the book aren’t very good sometimes and when you don’t even know what to ask how do you find it in a book any way. What is this site for us guys that have done this for 30 years to make fun of the new guys trying to learn our trade or is it for people of all knowledge levels to come to pass on our knowledge and gain new knowledge and incite from others. It’s the latter I hope. I like to say to all the people out there that have been made fun of and raged on for asking basic questions or not knowing what questions to ask or for trying to give and answer to help someone and finding out you were wrong and being told how stupid your answer was keep trying keep coming back and don’t let the few that just want to make their self-feel superior by dumping on you keep you from learning. Now I will get off my soap box in closing I would like to apologize for my fellow tradesman that don’t seem to have any manners and say you are welcome to ask for any help you need even when you don’t know how to ask.
    Here here. Coming from an expert in some (non machining areas) and a newb at machining, I applaud your response as i couldn't say itbetter.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Come to Dallas and visit with me any time. I'll say the same thing to your face.

See there that’s just the type of attitude I am referring to you’re a very smart guy and have helped a lot of people but sometimes you and others mistreat the less experienced people you even did it to me one day and it makes them feel like they don’t want to come back to this site and ask for help (which is what I thought this site was for) so they go off to places like the PM or others seeking the help they did not get or to avoid the ribbing WHY does it have to be that way can’t we all just be professional’s and give this place and our self’s a better name

Maybe you can leave and you won't notice.

And by the way, my advice still stands, "Getting a Fanuc manual and read about threading cycles would help the most."

How much you want to bet he has not done this yet.